Siemantel copy cats Mattlures

g-man

Re: I place my bet on the tan rooster with one eye!

Post by g-man »

Greg_Cornish wrote:
MARK INMAN wrote:Baits at ten paces turn and throw who ever hooks up first wins
Not fair, Bill's has two hooks.
Good point greg, just cut off one hook! Oh wait that would be copying! :shock: haha! Just a little fun ta lighten up the thread, I will leave now! :wink:
100% LL
Brian

Post by Brian »

HEY KB, WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON ALL OF THIS? :wink:
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

The longer this thread goes, the more publicity Bill's bluegill gets. If I'm Bill, I'm laughing all the way to the bank. :lol:
bassinholic

Post by bassinholic »

MARK INMAN wrote:Ya what the hell do i know ill just stick what i do best fishing jigs.
You fish with WADDA Jigs too...My brotha. :D
C.T.C.A 4 LIFE!!
kb

Post by kb »

Being a guy that grew up with Bobby Garland I have a little different take on bait copiers. Bob died about two years ago in a Arkansas rest home. I don't imagine any of the gitzit copiers sent him a check, took care of any of his needs. How about all the guys that copied his mini jig?

Any of you guys fish the hula grub or hula twin tail???? Those were a Bob Garland invention too that were copied and continue to be copied today. Bobby died broke! In all the years I never heard him say I made a copy of this bait or that bait that I saw the other day. I remember being in his motor home at Lake Oroville when he showed me the first gitzit.

I have a great deal of respect for Andre Moore, he is an awesome lure designer and his stuff gets copied each day. They even call it by the same name in some cases.

I respect the hell out of Greg Stump and Mike Brakebill from Robo. Those guys are innovators.

Some of you guys have heard me say before that in the tackle business R&D means ripoff and duplicate. It has been going on for decades.

The problem is the swimbait guys think they are the only ones that this happens to. Not true! How about Snag Proof, Lunker Lure, or even our old friend Don Butler from Okie Bug....some of you guys don't remember his innovations but you fish them every time you go out. Don't hear too many guys giving Conroy Oakley credit for so many of the worm colors he invented, or Don Iovino. Gary Klein was the first one to put a round bend, needle point hook in a flipping jig, the first one to offset the eye and the first one to ever put a rattle in a jig for production. How many copies of the Weapon Jig are there? I know that one for a fact because I poured and painted all the original Weapons in my garage when I was in high school. The hook was imported from England. The swimbait guys need to move on and keep doing business. I swear Rick Grover could have Don King promote Bass A Thon if all the swimbait guys would just agree to fight to the end!!!!! :roll:

Ken Huddleston is a genius, Mickey Ellis as different as he is can be put in that catagory. There are probably no better artist than Ray from Revenge and Do-It knocked off his bait year.

The list goes on and on. How these guys handle it and how they market their product will produce the winners and the losers. innovators will always be around and the immitators will go by the wayside eventually.

As far as the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.........I have my own opinion on that one.........i'll keep it to myself :(

I know one thing if we all keep acting like little girls the fishermen that support this sport and everyone involved may be buying knock off golf clubs and imported golf balls.......

Does anyone have fun fishing anymore? Does anyone look forward to seeing buddies at the lake or do they just go to the ramp and tallk $h*$ about everyone then hurry up and go home to get online.

ok Brian you wondered my take on it.........

kb
fishn4bass

Re: Siemantel copy cats Mattlures

Post by fishn4bass »

Guys this all a bunch of Bulls**t,This will go on for a week if not longer,who really cares!,All of us have tons of tackle in our boats,and alot of our tackle is the same damn thing but may have a different name.Do you guys fish with a lure because of who makes it?,or do you fish a bait because you have confidence in it,you know it will put fish in the well.Every lure like mentioned here before has been copied over and over and over again,So why are we all so up in arms over this,ya think it might happen again,O I think so.Mattslures are a great product and put fish on the carpet,the BBZ are great products.If i'm a lure designer and I feel like I'm being ripped off and I know this person,why drag it on here,Matt obviously knew what this would do by posting it here.My take is on the side off Bill,if you have a problem with me,and you feel the need to express yourself,be a man and call me,or better yet,lets sit down and discuss this face to face,not hide behind a monitor and keyboard and take shots.If you run a business and supply products to professionals,try acting like one.Now everyone just shut the hell up and get out there and go fishing,ISN'T THERE A BIGA** TOURNEY THIS WEEKEND CALLED THE SNAGPROFF OPEN!!! WE SHOULD BE DICUSSING THAT DON'T YA THINK...
Brian

Post by Brian »

kb wrote:
ok Brian you wondered my take on it.........

kb

And you did a very good job with it too. Nice. :wink:
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
FishaHallic

Post by FishaHallic »

Stupid question, what does BBZ stand for :cry: .
Florida transplant, miss my Bass fishing
sean alarid

Post by sean alarid »

FishaHallic wrote:Stupid question, what does BBZ stand for :cry: .
Big Bass Zone
FishaHallic

Post by FishaHallic »

Thank you, for a while I thought I was in stealth mode :D .
Florida transplant, miss my Bass fishing
Dom

Re: My one and only reply Bill Siemantel

Post by Dom »

[/quote]

What Computer used to make baits?? WTF? Are you saying that people are using technology to make baits that would help us land more fish ... :shock: :shock:

Im feeling robbed that not everyone of my baits are hand carved and the designer took the time to individually make my baits...Bassfishing what a rip!! :wink: :lol:[/quote]

3rd grade reading Bassaholic, read between the lines
:D
class dismissed :shock:
Tight Lines Dom
Kiss my Bass

Post by Kiss my Bass »

Way to go Steve! Hey how come you didn't post this on squiddly's web site? :lol: Ripped that lid off the can of worms!

Kiss my bass
ROBTOMLIN

Re: JELOUS RAGE BY MATT WHAT A JOKE

Post by ROBTOMLIN »

GO TO THE SO CAL LINK TO VIEW POST.
ThaRoosta

Re: JELOUS RAGE BY MATT WHAT A JOKE

Post by ThaRoosta »

Bla....bla...bla-----girl drama, church gossip, high school cherleader crap Damit. Just fish!!!

The bait makers can handle this themselves..They're smart and been doing this for a long time soooooooo just leave to them!!! Just be glad these baits are available for us to fish.
" I must have phenomia cuzz I'm tha illest"

-Team Low Ca$h
-West Coast BadBoyZ
www.blackdogbaits.com
Peter Lloyd

Post by Peter Lloyd »

TomL wrote:
I get a kick out of the notion that a copy dilutes the revenue potential of the original. There are a lot of arguments on all sides of that one.
sTony - please tell me you are kidding on this one right?

How can having a direct replica of anything let alone a bait - being sold for less money (in most cases) not DIRECTLY effect the income from the original?

For example: for the 1000's of guys who knew no better and bought a Bass Harrasser instead of a Hudd - Those weren't direct lost sales to Huddleston??? Of course they were!

I'd love to heare any of the arguments tot he contrary of this one!
That is simply the cost of doing business. If you have a unique product, get a patent. If you can't get a patent, sell as many as you can before something similar hits the market. You will see this in any market, not just fishing lures.
Hillbilly in Cali

Post by Hillbilly in Cali »

Please don't get off !!!