Teener caught takes over a hall of fame statewide fishing honor

WB Staff

Teener caught takes over a hall of fame statewide fishing honor

Post by WB Staff »

Teener caught takes over a hall of fame statewide fishing honor.jpg
Vance Mccullers caught a 15-pound, 2-ounce bass recently at a Polk County lake, and the TrophyCatch program named it the largest Hall of Fame Bass in season 8 to date, said FWC in a news release. (Courtesy of Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission)

POLK COUNTY — A largemouth bass catch in Polk County has taken over a hall of fame statewide fishing honor as the biggest of the season, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission's TrophyCatch program.

Vance McCullers caught a 15-pound, 2-ounce bass recently at a Polk County lake, and the TrophyCatch program named it the largest Hall of Fame Bass in season eight to date, said FWC in a news release.

"I've caught a lot of nice fish and when I got her to the boat, I lost it," McCullers said in a FWC news release. "I called my cousin and said I caught a fish, I think it's over 15 pounds, I wouldn't be surprised if she weighed 15 or 17," said McCullers. "Come to the lake! I couldn't stop shaking for almost an hour after I caught her."

Full Story: https://patch.com/florida/lakeland/larg ... est-season