Shipping rods

ginodnjoe

Shipping rods

Post by ginodnjoe »

Hey WB fans-
I just wanted to share some info. with all of you regarding shipping rods. I just sold 6 rods in the WB classified section. I usually ship with UPS but I was close to the post office today so I thought I would just run in and send them to their new owner. Unfortunately I was dealing with a USPS employee that was not only rude, but obviously had no idea what he was doing. After he finally figured out how to use the computer he gives me a price of $180. That's for 2 rod tubes weighing about 5 lbs. each for all 6 rods. I told the guy there must be some sort of mistake. I guess the worst thing to do is tell an incompetent person they made a mistake. He became more rude. After a few choice words I left and went to UPS. The guy at UPS said the rods will be shipped for $35 per tube. That's more like it! The rods were sent. Just some info to be aware if you ever try to ship rods via USPS. Tight lines!!!
03' Skeeter ZX225
DarWise

Re: Shipping rods

Post by DarWise »

I don't trust the Post Office with anything except mailing letters! UPS does a fine job but make sure you use plenty of bubble wrap on the rods before sticking them into the tubes.