current status of Smallmouth bass population in Tulloch ?

hydro

current status of Smallmouth bass population in Tulloch ?

Post by hydro »

15-20 years ago I used to fish Tulloch quite a bit and it was very common to catch SM bass . There are no recent fishing reports for Tulloch so I thought I would ask . Both New Hogans and Camanche used to have fair populations of SM bass but after the spotted bass were introduced it had a detrimental effect on both SM populations.
Seems to me one of the last times I was on Tulloch we were catching spotted bass . I hope the Smallmouth population at Tulloch hasn't also been destroyed by the spots. Anyone know the answer ?
Whoopbass

Re: current status of Smallmouth bass population in Tulloch ?

Post by Whoopbass »

Biggest one I caught there this year was around 2.5 lbs. Caught several smaller fish (usually under 12") but now that you mention it the SM population seems to be on the decline. Most of the fish I catch are largemouth. I fished several of the Wed night tournies and I can't remember very many smallmouth being weighed in.
deltabassin209

Post by deltabassin209 »

For a while i would fish tulloch every weekend and i we definitely dont catch too many smallmouth but about a month ago that's all we caught the biggest one weighing almost 3 pounds
Delaney

Post by Delaney »

Are there spots in Tulloch?
There She Is!!!