minn kota us2 issues with lowrance

bustout

minn kota us2 issues with lowrance

Post by bustout »

Hello everyone,
I have a hook3 lowrance connected to a universal minnkota transducer and it often loses track of the bottom. Most times it eventually comes back but it is not acceptable. Is there a fix or is the fishfinder defective?
Mark-C

Re: minn kota us2 issues with lowrance

Post by Mark-C »

I love most Minn Kota products but their universal sonar often has poor performance issues. Forget grounding modifications and having internal parts changed out of the trolling motor and get straight to the fix by strapping a standard transducer to the trolling motor. I spent so much time on the phone with Minn Kota and Lowrance trying different fixes only to find very modest improvements. Thats been my experience and I have read so many accounts of others that have been through it too. Good Luck.
Big Stick 74

Post by Big Stick 74 »

I concur with what Mark says. I had one of the initial Minn Kota universal sonar units and I went to an external transducer also. Save yourself some grief and get one! :D
podiumbass

Post by podiumbass »

I have the same problem with my unit. Fishfinder only works when trolling motor runs on a 100speed anything less then that and fishfinder screen and depth get all screwy.