Best squarebill rod for roll casting for under $110

Bassmonkey1980

Best squarebill rod for roll casting for under $110

Post by Bassmonkey1980 »

Im looking for a good squarebill rod for under $110 any suggestions i do a ton of roll casting tight quarters for theese guys ive lost some good fish so its time. Thanks WB
Attachments
20170315_081849.jpg
zdbm2004

Re: Best squarebill rod for roll casting for under $110

Post by zdbm2004 »

I like my Powell Deisel 705 glass. Very versatile rod. I use it for square bills and topwater too. Soft enough to keep them pegged and has enough power to grind it over and thru cover.
zmyers
THE DR

Post by THE DR »

Phenix X10 or X11 7'

Phenix’s Composite X has a long history of being an industry leading crankbait rod. Our new Composite X features the traditional execution of S-Glass to insure the optimum presentation of the crankbait while delivering a solid feedback of a graphite backbone.

One of my favorite crank rods for squarebill and lipless. Super soft glass tip blended to a graphite lower section.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

THE DR wrote:Phenix X10 or X11 7'

Phenix’s Composite X has a long history of being an industry leading crankbait rod. Our new Composite X features the traditional execution of S-Glass to insure the optimum presentation of the crankbait while delivering a solid feedback of a graphite backbone.

One of my favorite crank rods for squarebill and lipless. Super soft glass tip blended to a graphite lower section.
x2 on this BUT around docks and in tight places I have gone back to the old 5'6" pistol grip rods , I use for small cranks , pop r style baits and the tiny prop baits. I had my friend Roscoe from Ceres make up 2 of these rods for me because they are hard to find now days
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

Just last week I bought a Dobyns FR 705 CB with the intention of giving it to my wife. She doesn't care for my CB 805's due to the extra length that I prefer. I took the 705 out for a test-run yesterday just to make sure the reel I put on it was a good match. I had a square bill on it and was fishing it tight to cover. I intended on throwing it about ten casts but used it for close to an hour. All I can say is that it's still going to be her rod...but I'm going to spend a bunch of time borrowing it :D
The Fury price point is right at the limit you discussed, so it is well worth a look.
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

At $110 bucks, tough to get quality guides and hardware... That being said, Daiwa Tatula XT series is very popular at this price point. The 7' M and 7' MH are very nice. Check the link and good luck on the water!

http://www.daiwa.com/us/contents/rods/t ... index.html
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

The Abu Garcia Veritas Winch rod is pretty darn for square bills.. you can fine them from $80 to $99 new...

http://www.abugarcia.com/abugarcia-rods ... ml#start=1

Randy
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

Another vote for the Fury 705CB.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

bassdaddy wrote:Just last week I bought a Dobyns FR 705 CB with the intention of giving it to my wife. She doesn't care for my CB 805's due to the extra length that I prefer. I took the 705 out for a test-run yesterday just to make sure the reel I put on it was a good match. I had a square bill on it and was fishing it tight to cover. I intended on throwing it about ten casts but used it for close to an hour. All I can say is that it's still going to be her rod...but I'm going to spend a bunch of time borrowing it :D
The Fury price point is right at the limit you discussed, so it is well worth a look.
I have a couple of the Fury 705's.....GREAT rod!!!!
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.