Hummingbird or Lawrence. What should I get?

bass343

Hummingbird or Lawrence. What should I get?

Post by bass343 »

Hello fellow fisherman,

I will be getting a brand new 2017 Basscat this spring early summer. I'm not sure what to get as far as electronics for both console and front bow. I plan on getting the latest and greatest from either unit. What do you guys use, and what are some pros and cons from both units? Thanks

Dan
tunaman

Re: Hummingbird or Lawrence. What should I get?

Post by tunaman »

Lowrance, hands down! I got Humminbird gear when they were the only SI game in town, and I think many here know of my frustration and position on that solution.

Lowrance is proven, hearty, robust, well designed, and will serve your needs for years to come.
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
BassNCop

Post by BassNCop »

I had Lowrance and switched to Humminbird 5-6 years ago to give them a shot. I am currently in the process of changing all my electronics back to Lowrance. I just didn't like the quality of the Humminbirds. Their tech support is by far so much better than Lowrance, but not enough to keep me with them. Now is the perfect time to buy unless you want the very new carbon's. They have awesome package deals call "Boat in a box" going on right now, but you probably better hurry....they are limited and selling fast.

Oh and one other negative about Humminbird....good luck in trying to find assistance around here. Service places are few and far between. Not to mention not many fisherman have them, which makes it hard to learn and ask questions about them.
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

I have been running the Humminbird Helix units for a couple years now an am very happy with the performance of these units... If they are good enough for KVD,GERALD SWINDLE,KEITH COMBS,MARTENS,ERHLER they are Definitely good enough for me..lol
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

of those two choices Hummingbird no question. Add a third and I would look seriously at Garmin.
Their dependability is the talk of the tours.

Personally, I have two 2015 HDS Touch 12s and both have had to be replaced twice, and they rarely run without issues.

Never again,

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
nate50

Post by nate50 »

I'm not an expert on electronics by any means, I run hummingbird and my buddies run lowrance units. The biggest difference I see is hummingbird has clearer pictures on the DI and SI. The lowrance has a clearer image with the normal sonar.