Jig Colors For Folsom

Skeeterman

Jig Colors For Folsom

Post by Skeeterman »

Its been 6 yrs that I fished Folsom lake.The jig colors I used were brown/orange and pumpkin red I am sure those colors still work but is there any other colors that work out there? Thanks guys
NorCalBassnPJ

Re: Jig Colors For Folsom

Post by NorCalBassnPJ »

I'd assume Folsom would have similar craw colors to the craws in Shasta. I would say a classic cinnamon brown with purple flake/strand would work good. That's one of the hot colors a lot of the time out here on shasta. Also, a Green pumpkin with purple and copper flake/strand would probably be killer and look pretty natural. Those would be my two color choices if I were to fish Folsom. Though i never have. I'd just stick with what i know works at other similar lakes if I was to fish there. I'm sure some other guys will also help you out there especially if they've got a lot of experience on Folsom. As said above, i have no Folsom experience but a bit of Shasta experience. Hope that helps! Football jigs are one of my favorite techniques for numbers out there with the occasional better than average fish.
Tight Lines!
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Pumpkin green/black green crystal / Blaze orange Trailers color Yamamoto 4"double tail grubs color number 208
Watermelon/red & black flake or use 5" single tail or 5" double tail in same color depending on what size jigs your throwing during the year. If your fishing Spotted bass this color combo works at Shasta Ballard's bar McClure Millerton Pineflat New melones Oroville
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

If you build your own jigs use one pad 22 strands green pumpkin/black green crystal and 11 strands or a half pad of Blaze orange also match the jig head color I go with a two color powder coated jig head I produce myself Green pumpkin with black I add the fine light green crystal flake too the black powder paint when fire the jig heads the powder paint makes different swirl patterns on the jig heads ever color pattern come out different but blends in with the skirting material just make sure you use Blaze orange as your accent color NOT Hot blaze orange you will see the difference in the two orange colors I've been producing this jig color for Spotted bass and smallmouth bass for over 10 years now and this is still one of the best color for fishing year around for these fish you just need to know what style jig to throw in this color at different times of the year along with the trailer sizes I make this color jigs in 7 different style of jig heads and I tie 5 different style of skirt patterns for the spots and smallie's
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley