Dallas Texas area lakes

Hughsonbassin

Dallas Texas area lakes

Post by Hughsonbassin »

Going to be in Dallas for work in May anyone have any experience with guides or any of the surrounding lakes? Looks like lake fork is about 2 hours away. Lewisville and rRay Roberts closer. Thanks in advance
Robb R

Re: Dallas Texas area lakes

Post by Robb R »

My son lives down there and fishes both Lewisville and Ray Rob all the time .
Not to sure about any guides down there , but you can go to Texas Fishing Forums ( tff.com) and repost your question and I sure you will get several names .
On a side note , I did fish Ray Rob with my son and his buddy this past July , it was lots of fun . Lots of standing timber , shallow area's with stumps and mostly dirty water .
tight lines ,
Robb
DYOLLPSTER

Post by DYOLLPSTER »

I lived in Dallas for about 4 years. I think it's worth the drive to Lake Fork. For one the fishing is much better, and you'll have a lot more options for places to stay and guides. It's been awhile for me, but texasfishingforum.com is a good suggestion. Also, check out Lake Fork Marina.

Good luck
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

There are about a half dozen lakes in the DFW area in addition to Lewisville and RayBob. There's Ray Hubbard, Grapevine, Eagle Mountain, Lavon, Joe Pool to name the larger ones. Tawakoni is a little further East, between Hubbard and Fork. And if you want to venture further North, there's Texoma on the TX/OK border. Like suggested, join the Texas Fishing Forum and ask about those lakes and guides on there.
I recently moved to Texas (a little over a year ago) to the Cedar Creek Lake area, about an hour SE of Dallas. So far, I have been concentrating on learning my "home water", so my experience on other lakes is limited. I've fished Fork, RayBob, Tawakoni and Athens once each. I will say that Fork, Tawakoni, and Ray Roberts all have lots of stumps and standing timber. And the wind can make them downright mean if you're in a smaller boat.
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"