Does a valid California license cover Havasu?

george

Does a valid California license cover Havasu?

Post by george »

I always thought that a California Fishing License was good for the Colorado River and all of Havasu but I was told by another angler this week that you have to buy a Arizona non-resident short term license to fish the Arizona side!
Somebody on here has to know, please reply!

George
Big Stick 74

Re: Does a valid California license cover Havasu?

Post by Big Stick 74 »

From what I've read is that you have to have an Arizona License to fish any and all lakes in the state. You can only shorefish on Calif side with a Ca license.
gixxer464

Re: Does a valid California license cover Havasu?

Post by gixxer464 »

California and Arizona have entered into an agreement for the reciprocal recognition of licenses to fish any portion of the Colorado River that is the boundary between California and Arizona. With a California sport fishing license or an Arizona sport fishing license, you can fish from either shore, or from a boat, in the portion of the Colorado River that makes up the California-Arizona boundary and connected adjacent water that is the boundary between Arizona and California. Anglers holding California sport fishing licenses abide by California regulations, and anglers holding Arizona sport fishing licenses abide by Arizona regulations. This agreement does not apply to canals, drains or ditches used to transport water for irrigation, municipal or domestic purposes.

https://californiaoutdoorsqas.com/tag/a ... use-stamp/