Clear Lake color & Temp?

ACP

Clear Lake color & Temp?

Post by ACP »

Taking a couple high school kids to Clear Lake in a few days to get them away from the spotted bass down here at Naci. I haven't been to Clear Lake in almost 30 years & just looking for some general info. Thanks.
bassmonkey

Re: Clear Lake color & Temp?

Post by bassmonkey »

Last weekend the temp ranged from 49 in the morning to 55 in the afternoon. The water color varied greatly depending on where we were fishing. The north end water color was perfect with a decent stain. I'm sure its changing daily with all of this rain and wind. Never went south based on reports from several guys who had zero bites down there. Fish North and move around until you find a school. The fish are willing to bite if you find them. Some anglers reported 50-60 fish a day, while others were getting 10-20. Also heard plenty with zero. Hope this helps!
ACP

Re: Clear Lake color & Temp?

Post by ACP »

[quote="bassmonkey"]Last weekend the temp ranged from 49 in the morning to 55 in the afternoon. The water color varied greatly depending on where we were fishing. The north end water color was perfect with a decent stain. I'm sure its changing daily with all of this rain and wind. Never went south based on reports from several guys who had zero bites down there. Fish North and move around until you find a school. The fish are willing to bite if you find them. Some anglers reported 50-60 fish a day, while others were getting 10-20. Also heard plenty with zero. Hope this helps![/quote]

Thanks for the info. I'll post a report when we get back.