A first for me...

ttb31183

A first for me...

Post by ttb31183 »

I fished a tournament yesterday and saw something I have never seen. This year marks 20 years since I started tournament fishing and it was the first time I fished a tournament where zero bass were caught. Not even a single bass.

We saw it all during the tournament. Rain, wind, snow/hail and sunshine but never saw a bass.

The Spokane Bass Club always starts the year in March which is pretty dicey for weather. This event, for instance, was moved from Newman Lake to Silver Lake since Newman was still mostly frozen. In years past we have had people cash checks with a single fish or win with over 18lbs in March, you just never know what to expect.

The water was a chilly 40-42 degrees and the lake is actually a very good lake, it just hasn't woken up for spring yet.

Nobody expected that there would be zero fish caught. We had 19 boaters and 19 non-boaters who all came in empty-handed. One single bass would have taken home 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place money and big fish (around $1500) but it was not meant to be. If you were wondering, those who fished get their entry as a credit towards another event.
Tyler Brinks
Devon8604

Re: A first for me...

Post by Devon8604 »

Wow that sucks! Imagine being the guy that losses a keeper at the boat. :lol:
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

Damn....just moved from CA to WA and hearing this is scary.
LL South
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

I fished a tournament at nacimento lake about 30 years ago that had only ONE fish caught . Pretty big field I think , guy took it ALL home !!!!!
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

JustinD wrote:Damn....just moved from CA to WA and hearing this is scary.
This is not the norm. You will be pleasantly surprised with the fishing here.
Tyler Brinks