Capell Cove launch, parking safe?

th365thli

Capell Cove launch, parking safe?

Post by th365thli »

I've launched at Capell Cove on Berryessa on the weekend and never felt safety was an issue given the vast amount of boaters. However, I'm thinking about going there this Thursday after July 4th and was wondering how safe is it during the week? I've heard some questionable things.

Also, are the marina's at Berryessa still open? I know the fire has been driving people away, but no official closures correct?
Bass boy dave

Re: Capell Cove launch, parking safe?

Post by Bass boy dave »

check cal fire. pretty sure the closed the roads to marinas on dam side of lake
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Cal fire requested evacuations for markley and pleasure cover and pretty sure road is closed at markley
HrdHookSets

Post by HrdHookSets »

“Hooked Up On The Stern”
Tymelostent@icloud.com
th365thli

Post by th365thli »

So I called the field office today and it looks like Capell Cove boat ramp is still open. They said that conditions could change so call them before you leave. We're heading out Thursday and I'll definitely give them a call for their opinion.

Stay safe everyone!
tacticaloutdoors

Post by tacticaloutdoors »

Markley Cove is open and you can launch, Advisory warnings only there were no mandatory evacuations. Its smoky and there are a lot of emergency vehicle's going through the area. I'd head up to Clearlake. Capell Cove parking area is relatively safe, two full time Deputies working the lake during the week and three land Deputies during the weekends along with the boat patrol. Make sure to lock up your vehicle, don't keep any valuables in view and you should be good.