Sacramento Area tips and suggestions?

KingKenny04

Sacramento Area tips and suggestions?

Post by KingKenny04 »

Hi all! Just recently moved to Sacramento and I'd like to get back into Bass fishing regularly. There are a lot of bodies of water near me but I'm not sure what's worth fishing and what should be skipped. The wife wanted to swim a little yesterday so we went out to Paradise beach and I threw a few cranks around with no success. Later in the day I spoke to some people at Fisherman's Warehouse. They said Folsom was good without giving any details, and said the lower American River was a waste of time.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for Folsom and the other bodies of water? Is Natoma any good? Any ponds worth checking out? Any places in particular on Folsom or the Sacramento River I should focus on? Thanks!
Mark-C

Re: Sacramento Area tips and suggestions?

Post by Mark-C »

Go through and read all the old fish reports on this websites and start learning the local lakes and Delta. If you are really serious, join a bass club as a nonboater and you will learn a lot in a short amount of time. good luck
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

I think Wimpy's is the nearest launch for some good delta fishing and than in general i would say the further south you go the better the delta fishing gets (not saying that there isn't good fishing up north too but you need to know where to go - just my opinion). I personally skip folsom and go to berryessa instead - great fishing for largemouth, smallmouth and spots.
Longer trips you can go to clear lake 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive or bullards bar dor some big spots.
I don't habe much experience with the foodhill lakes but they are really good too.
Hope this helps a little.
Tight lines,
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
Dek

Post by Dek »

I gather from your post you will be bank fishing and do not have a boat. While Folsom has plenty of shoreline, fishing it from the bank in the summer to me would be pretty tough. Google earth has blown many secret bass ponds cover 8)
basshol

Post by basshol »

You can go to lake Natoma and drive over the river park Up the hill walk down to the river walk past the dam 1/4 mile you will come to a bridge on the left side or Atlanta ponds that are connected to the Lake It's full of bass. Mather lake From the parking lot go halfway around the lake from the right side that will put you in range of the Tullies.