Berryessa question

nate50

Berryessa question

Post by nate50 »

Hey everyone

Has anyone been to berry lately? I’m headed there Saturday and I was curious on the water clarity after the latest storms?

Thanks
Nate
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Berryessa question

Post by ash »

I’ll be out there Sunday, so I’ll be lookin for your report. I’d imagine that the north by putah and pope till the mid islands is going to be dirty at least the first few feet
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Reel Guy

Post by Reel Guy »

I had a customer tell me today that they are charging $10.00 to launch at Cappell Cove now?
Ifishalot

Post by Ifishalot »

I had heard this was coming down the pipe. :(
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Was there last weekend...out of Cappel and is still free as of last weekend.

Water clarity in the creeks was blownout...coffee with creamer, chocolate milk, call it what you want. Lots of debris and some major lower unit killers floating around so be careful.Heard of at least one club tournament guy losing his lower unit that afternoon.

Water clarity on the main lake and narrows is the normal Berryessa green. Bite was really good catching bass and crappie from 15' down to 50'.

Good luck and be safe.

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
nate50

Post by nate50 »

Thanks guys for the info, I will report back Saturday evening and let you know how we did.
Clapton03

Post by Clapton03 »

nate50 wrote:Hey everyone

Has anyone been to berry lately? I’m headed there Saturday and I was curious on the water clarity after the latest storms? transfers Amiens

Thanks
Nate
i heard that it's real
zdbm2004

Post by zdbm2004 »

It’s true that Capell along with all the day use places will have a fee. Not for a few months though. I was at the lake Monday. Capell still had high flows with no visibility until I got out onto the main lake. Skiers cove had 2-3’ vis, main lake side of big island 2-3’, School house island 1’, east side varied depending if a creek was nearby 1-3’ vis. I found fish up to the bank in a few areas.
zmyers
Jradmercs

Post by Jradmercs »

Watching this thread for the sat eve report. Hope its good.
drdetroit3

Post by drdetroit3 »

Fished Sat. slow!! Caught a few on dropshot.
No fee as of now at Capell launch.
nate50

Post by nate50 »

I was out Saturday, we caught 10 total biggest going about 3lb. We found most of our fish in the narrows just point hoping. The fish were shallower than I expected, 10-20ft. We caught them on brown jigs, Ned rig and a-rigs. We went to the main lake and tried to point hop and grinding a couple dinks. The narrows had the best action for us.