Ca delta spinnerbait chatter bait size?

serina_mikaelson

Ca delta spinnerbait chatter bait size?

Post by serina_mikaelson »

Still new to the area and ill be fishing ca delta quite a bit this season i was wondering what size chatterbait and spinnerbaits work best. Is there a big difference preference or advantages to either sizes. THANKS DELTA RATS
Freefall

Re: Ca delta spinnerbait chatter bait size?

Post by Freefall »

I throw the chatterbait custom , jackhammer & picasso. Size depends on the height of the tide or depth I'm targeting. I adjust my trailer to fine tune the bait by speed of retrieval and depth I want it. There's no one answer.

Spinnerbaits are similar. I throw a bling quite a bit and a hack attack spinnerbait when I'm in nasty cover. Adjust your blade and weight to get your retrieval rate right based on height and the size bait your trying to mimic. Blades are cheap...

Grab a few 3/8 & 1/2 oz in each. Green pumpkin, black and blue & shad colors. Try a multitude of trailers and work through it.

The best months are coming soon...
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

I throw 1/2 because I use heavier rods
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

My starting point is 1/2oz and I will adjust up or down from there. In the spring you cannot beat the Blade Runner Delta Craw in a 3/4oz banging in the new tulles. The chatter baits I start with a 1/2oz and will go up to 3/4oz or down to 3/8ths it really depends on speed of retrieve and depth.

This is a wonderful fishery and I hope you will learn to love it and it's nuances.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Get some 1/2 oz. chatterbaits with weed guards, so you can throw them across and through the sparse tules more easily.
Since you'll need heavy (50 lb) braid for fishing them through the cover, use a baitcaster, and button down the drag.
Use a med. heavy roe with enough tip to make casting easy and accurate.
Once you're bit, winch on the fish to get them coming to you, so they can't wrap you up in the tulles. You'll lose many more fish from not being able to winch them out than you ever will because the hook pulled out. The chatterbait has a stout hook that won't straighten.
I use the same setup for spinnerbaits, and fish them in the same places.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY