On the board for the season

ttb31183

On the board for the season

Post by ttb31183 »

It's been a long time coming, but I finally got into some bass in 2019. With the cold spring and traveling a bunch, it took much longer than it normally does to start catching some bass.

We went to Eloika Lake, a small, shallow lake north of Spokane and I ended up landing three. This is a lake that gets very grassy in the summer and it almost makes it unfishable since it so hard to navigate during that time of year. Because of that, it is a very popular early season lake. It was a Wednesday afternoon and we saw quite a few anglers out fishing for bass.

As you can see, the lake is really shallow and featureless and that shallow nature is part of the reason it is so good in the spring. It is basically just a bowl and warms up really quickly and that gets the bass moving. The ice had just come off of the lake about a week ago and we found water temps as high as 50-degrees.

All of the fish came on a vibrating jig and all bit once the water started warming after around noon. We had to leave around 2:00, but I am thinking the bite would have just continued to improve as it warmed up.

This was the biggest of the day, a fat 4.5lb fish.

Tyler Brinks
Gerik M.

Re: On the board for the season

Post by Gerik M. »

Solid fish man!