Vintage Shimano casting rod

arrayscout

Vintage Shimano casting rod

Post by arrayscout »

I recently picked up a Shimano Chronarch 100a casting reel in really good condition. It's not the SF version but it still really has great casting distance and is super smooth. I like the reel.

I think this reel came out in 2002-3 time frame and I think I would like to pair it up with a Shimano rod from that same time frame as well, so to keep a classic set in my arsenal. I've been throwing mostly top water and crank baits using a Dobyns Fury rod for now.

So, I'm not familiar with the Shimano casting rod line up from 2002-3 and looking to the community to let me know the appropriate Shimano rod make (Crucial, etc) so that I can consider trying to pick one up on ebay or elsewhere.

Thanks!
Ken
WRB

Re: Vintage Shimano casting rod

Post by WRB »

I believe that was the time period Shimano was purchasing G. Loomis rods and the Clarus full cork handle with foregrip was the top of the Shimano line of casting rods, not sure?
Tom
mark poulson

Re: Vintage Shimano casting rod

Post by mark poulson »

WRB wrote:I believe that was the time period Shimano was purchasing G. Loomis rods and the Clarus full cork handle with foregrip was the top of the Shimano line of casting rods, not sure?
Tom
I still fish two Clarus rods.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY