What am I doing wrong?

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Steve

What am I doing wrong?

Post by Steve »

I have a Carbon 12 at the console, and a Gen 3 12 up front. I have a through hull for the Carbon, and an HDI Skimmer on the trolling motor for the Gen 3.

Here is the problem. When in the Sonar page, on the menu bar at the bottom, when I select "This Unit" both of them switch to the same transducer. I want to see the trolling motor transducer on the Gen 3, and the thru hull on the console Carbon. For some reason I cant figure out how to make them independent from each other. Any suggestions?

I had this set up properly but for some reason the Gen 3 seems to "reset" itself fairly frequently. That seems to be another problem that I cant figure out. Everytime it happens I have to go back in and reconfigure everthing including overlay data.
MichaelB

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by MichaelB »

Try the Lowrance Forum at Bass Boat Central:

http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136
Edd

Post by Edd »

Turn OFF Network Sonar on both units.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks Edd. I was staring at that option hard, but thought if I turned it off then the units would not share waypoints, which I need them to do. I remember this now, its completely not intuitive and makes no sense, but its what needs to be done. Ill do this tomorrow to confirm thats what it was.
wallyandre

Post by wallyandre »

When fishing from the front of the boat, you don't want to see the water temp data from the sensor on the back of the boat. This video explains the settings needed to get the specific readings you want on each unit.