Tactical Bassin's Matt Allen Fishing With an Original Tule Dipper... a Piece of Bass Fishing History VIDEO

WB Staff

Tactical Bassin's Matt Allen Fishing With an Original Tule Dipper... a Piece of Bass Fishing History VIDEO

Post by WB Staff »

Tactical Bassin's Matt Allen Fishing With an Original Tule Dipper... a Piece of Bass Fishing History

Don't Miss a Chance of a Lifetime! An exclusive appearance from the original tule dipper, the first bass flipper' ...

Meet the one and only, Bass Fishing Hall of Famer... the Father of Flippin' Dee Thomas for a Q&A session at #FishermansWarehouse Sacramento 6 p.m. Thursday, October 3.

Matt Allen fishes with one of his original tule dippers and no reel as Thomas originally did in this vid

hydro

Re: Tactical Bassin's Matt Allen Fishing With an Original Tule Dipper... a Piece of Bass Fishing History VIDEO

Post by hydro »

Congrats on obtaining that rod who wouldn't want to own that piece of bass fishing history ?

The first tournament rod length limits imposed out west due to Dee Thomas' proficiency with that big rod around the mid 70's was 7 1/2 feet . This was later changed by some Tournament orgs to an 8 ' max I think around the mid to late 80's. Now it's up to 9 ' for some . Could that tule dipping rod be ready for a comeback?
chadmitch

Re: Tactical Bassin's Matt Allen Fishing With an Original Tule Dipper... a Piece of Bass Fishing History VIDEO

Post by chadmitch »

I fished out of my first bass boat with Dee at 10 years old with my dad. Dee had an 18 foot ranger with a 150 merc. That was 1982. On the delta. I caught my first 5lb bass flipping on the front deck shoulder to shoulder with Dee. It was that trip that hooked me for life on bass fishing. We caught a ton of flipping fish all day. He is an awesome dude.
jscarbr1

Post by jscarbr1 »

I watch every Tactical Bassin video Matt and Tim put out. I spend almost all my fishing hours on the CA Delta. I'm on Western Bass multiple times EVERY day. Dee Thomas and many of the Delta legends are my fishing heroes (Bobby Barrack, Cooch etc). I truly appreciate the history of the rod, the way Matt Allen has so much respect for the history and Western Bass for re-living/ posting this awesome video. Thank you.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

@jscar

Appreciate the post!
WRB

Post by WRB »

I recall fishing a Western Bass event in the early 70's (72?) up north somewhere (Don Pedro?) and Dee Thomas won it. I watch a guy in what looked like a aluminum rental boat using a rod exactly like the jigger pole in the video targeting wind blown debris pockets and had no Idea his was fishing the event.
Tom