Mixed it Up

ttb31183

Mixed it Up

Post by ttb31183 »

From about mid-October until around this time every year I have one thing on my mind; smallmouth. I try to go out a few times a week for the best fishing of the year. But, I made it out largemouth fishing the other day at a small lake outside of Spokane and we caught them! Around 20 bass came to the boat in the 45-degree water so it was a pretty awesome day considering how cold it is getting.

I was out with Luke Clausen to get some photos and videos (a few that you'll see here on WesternBass) and we caught them on jigs, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, and ChatterBaits.

It was a nice change to go shallow around grass and just cast and get bit without staring at my electronics which is normally the case with the smallmouth fishing.

I threw a jerkbait a bunch just because I love doing it. The ima Flit 120 in a few different colors put fish in the boat.

By far, the ChatterBait produced the most and biggest fish though. We estimated our five best to be right around 20lbs.
We also caught quite a few 2.5-3.5lb fish with a few bigger ones mixed in.

It was no surprise that Luke caught more and bigger fish since he's the pro. I consider myself a pretty good angler but fishing with someone who does it for a living puts things into perspective.

Tyler Brinks