“NEW ABA PRO TEAM TRAIL”

RMANZO

“NEW ABA PRO TEAM TRAIL”

Post by RMANZO »

Hey everyone. Not sure if you have seen this yet but it’s gonna be awesome. 30 boat limit @ $600 entry. Payback is 100%.on $600 entry..Check out the new “BALANCE PAYBACK”. 1st $3300. 2nd-5th $3000 and 6th place gets $2500. NO POINTS, NO TOC. Awesome exposure for top finishers. Check out the ABA Facebook page for info video. These events will be all over California and the first one is in Feb. @ Melones. SEE YA ALL THERE
Last edited by RMANZO on Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
Jamesfish

Re: “NEW ABA PRO TEAM TRAIL”

Post by Jamesfish »

With all do respect, this is not “NEW” ABA did this last year in one of its strongest regions and had 13 boats enter. There is also an “event fee” that contradicts a “100%” payout.
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

They tried “1” event earlier this year. Ya, only “13” teams but they are still trying to bring us something different. There are fees for an org. To put on event so you can look at it any way you want. “AWESOME PAYBACK FORMAT”!!! James, do you even fish tourneys? Not sure why you always chime in on here from your couch. I definitely didnt post this here for guys to start bashing ABA, like always, so let’s not let this turn into that. Respect my letting the fisherman around here know some info on an event that not a lot of people know about. That’s all
“BOOK IT”
Instagram Robert Mansor
Jamesfish

Post by Jamesfish »

I answered your question about my tournament fishing last time you asked. Maybe instead of assuming I am sitting on a couch posting you might consider that I GOT SCREWED by ABA and was being kind by not posting that. Instead i was trying to keep Fred, and now You, from posting misleading things about ABA’s not so “great events”.
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

First off don’t relate me to anyone else. And secondly I am not misleading anyone. All the #$&* you post on here whenever you see something in the title “ABA “ on here you talk smack. So why not say how “ABA” screwed you? Or how about stop hijacking my thread every time
“BOOK IT”
Instagram Robert Mansor
Jamesfish

Post by Jamesfish »

Saying 100% is misleading. I will continue to comment as i see fit until this stops.
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

As you see fit “L M A O” ... you’ve been a member on here for a few months :) :) “GO FIGURE”
“BOOK IT”
Instagram Robert Mansor
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

I dont have a dog in this fight, however, whether it is this
organization in question or any other, if said organization charges any fee of any type, whether it is a "lake enhancement", "insurance", etc etc on top of an entry fee, it is not a true 100% payback. Sure there's expenses, and that's where sponsor $ is supposed to be utilized. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
BAble

Post by BAble »

Oh my gracious. Allow Robert or anyone else to post information about events, etc. If you wish to not support or support then that is your choice. Barring down right illegal activity please let’s curtail the negativity. Plenty of circuits and/or single events to choose from.
b able.
jeremypitts

Post by jeremypitts »

Looks like they paid back 100% at the tournament they did last year.....$7,800 was taken in and paid out.
Jamesfish

Post by Jamesfish »

Jeremy, read the fine print in the event info if you can find it. All the entrants paid $600 plus an “event fee”
Mike

Post by Mike »

:D
OG on WB since 1993
jeremypitts

Post by jeremypitts »

Couldn’t find any info on the event fee. Their website isn’t the easiest to navigate from a phone. If you go back to Roberts original post he mentions that the payback on the $600 “entry” is 100%, which appears to be the case in the tournament from last year.

There are fees associated with every organization whether it’s an event fee, late fee, membership fee, or a credit card fee for pre-registering for a tournament.

I’ve fished almost every circuit in the mother lode and Roberts tournaments are ran just the same as the others. Smooth with no problems during the tournaments that I’ve fished. Can’t speak about other ABA regions because I haven’t fished them. This trail is different with the balanced payback and a higher entry fee. It’s something I’ll consider fishing if it fits into my schedule.
The Himester

Post by The Himester »

Greetings !

I'm not sure people understand the commitment required to host tournaments. Being a past tournament director for ABA Central, I can tell you first hand, you don't do this for money. If they did, sadly, they'd be carrying a "Work for Food" sign. Like most normal people, these Directors have families to feed, children to raise, and just plain life stuff which occupies their time. Instead of taking Junior to his baseball game on Saturday, your hosting a bass tournament. Yes, Directors have expenses, they're no different than you or me. They have to get up earlier than you, tow their boat, setup for registration, etc. I can assure you, after you've hosted a tournament and left for the day, your pocket has less money in it than when you started.

I would suggest before anybody bad mouths any organization, or people involved in tournament fishing, perhaps they should try hosting a tournament of their own, and then maybe, just maybe, they would appreciate these organizations and the service they provide us.

Wishing you all a happy and safe Christmas holiday, and that includes you too, "James".
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

RMANZO wrote:Hey everyone. Not sure if you have seen this yet but it’s gonna be awesome. 30 boat limit @ $600 entry. Payback is 100%.on $600 entry..Check out the new “BALANCE PAYBACK”. 1st $3300. 2nd-5th $3000 and 6th place gets $2500
Do the math:
30 x 600 = 18,000
3300 + (4 x 3000 = 12000) + 2500 = 17,800
200 difference for "event fees" or 1.1% of the purse ...... 98.9% Pay-Out ?

I don't fish ABA, but it seems hardly worth busting RMANZO's balls over a 1% hold-back to run a Tournament.
Jamesfish

Post by Jamesfish »

Jeremy, you missed the point of my post but ended up highlighting it as well. You spent time looking for event specifics but were unable to locate them. There is a $40 event fee per boat and that makes 100% payout misleading. They also did this last June and had 13 boats so this is not “New”, also misleading. I never said Robert could not run an event. Michael, i think you only highlighted a typo in his post. I think first is $3500 making the payout at 30 boats $18000. If the post wasn’t “misleading” you would know that they have an “event fee” that was not disclosed. Merry Christmas everyone.
Fidlplr

Post by Fidlplr »

Hello y’all. Not going to name any certain circuits however I will say that ANYONE that puts on a tournament should be compensated for their time and effort.
No doubt that it takes a lot of time, money & man power to run a successful circuit.
One circuit in particular has always preached that they’re there for the fisherman. That’s great. But the thing that bothered me was when they complain and cry about not possibly being able to put that tourney on again the next year because they just didn’t get the numbers they needed to make it work because it’s a business. ( Exact words ). But if you do the math of entries vs payouts you will see exactly how much money they kept. There were over 40 boats that day btw. Also they charge high dollar memberships ( for what ) and the payouts are terrible. I can’t believe the fisherman can look at the number of entries and the payouts and not question anything.
Also other circuits you fish for 1st place and 3rd because the TD takes 2nd place money. So to respond to you Mr Himester yes they do put on tourneys to make money. In fact they make quite a bit of money. But please understand that I’m not crying about it, I just choose not to fish those certain circuits.
I also remember years ago when a TOC was a free entry because you qualified for it. They also had options you could get in if you wanted too for option money. Now days the TOC’s are just another tourney. Nothing special about it. I wish those days were back.
Thank you
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Run this on the Delta, Berryessa and Clear Lake and people will show up, not worth the $600 fishing Melones and capped at 30 boats
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

They are going to the delta. I think 2 times and clear lake also. Melones is a great place to have 1. February is perfect for big fish
“BOOK IT”
Instagram Robert Mansor
Andrew5414

Post by Andrew5414 »

Jamesfish wrote:With all do respect, this is not “NEW” ABA did this last year in one of its strongest regions and had 13 boats enter. There is also an “event fee” that contradicts a “100%” payout.
With all do respect why don’t you just keep your comments to yourself, I have seen you jump on Roberts post multiple times and to be honestly seems like your just trying to start high school gossip that none of us really care about. I have fished Roberts events before well ran he’s as honest as it’s gets and put a ton of effort into his events to make sure everything goes smooth whether it’s his aba stuff or poemans night tournaments. If it was aba that screwed you well there many different regions but I can guarantee it wasn’t Robert who screwed you over.

Robert hope all is well brotha!