Trolling issue

RA8R55

Trolling issue

Post by RA8R55 »

Hey folks, having an issue with my Minn Kota Edge 70. It has been running intermittently. Was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem, before I start diving into the issue. Thanks
BigBassDaddy1190

Re: Trolling issue

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Is there an on/off switch at the pedal? Could be a bad switch shorting out.
JL

Post by JL »

A few more details of the actual symptoms would greatly help try to pinpoint your problem and get more responses. :D
WRB

Post by WRB »

Electrical connection issue, corroded switch contacts, brushes needs to be replaced.
Check the wire connections for anything loose. Clean the switch contacts with Deoxit D5. If the simple things don't work it time to look deeper into the motor.
Tom
RA8R55

Post by RA8R55 »

Alright. It’s runs for awhile on the water then intermittently go on then off. I push the pedal till it kicks on again. Brought it home and checked it out. Only cut out once. Played with the com/off/mom switch nothing obvious. Just don’t want to take apart more than I need to.
RA8R55

Post by RA8R55 »

[quote="JL"]A few more details of the actual symptoms would greatly help try to pinpoint your problem and get more responses. :D[/
Alright. It’s runs for awhile on the water then intermittently go on then off. I push the pedal till it kicks on again. Brought it home and checked it out. Only cut out once. Played with the com/off/mom switch nothing obvious. Just don’t want to take apart more than I need to.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Remove the prop, one of the bolts behind the prop, deploy the tm and see if any water drains out.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms