Daiwa tatula ct vs shimano slx

Derrick

Daiwa tatula ct vs shimano slx

Post by Derrick »

Looking for some new reels at this price point.
Like to here some opinions on these 2 reels.
Thanks
bustout

Re: Daiwa tatula ct vs shimano slx

Post by bustout »

I own both. Got a free slx swimbait rod with the reel . The tatula casts further due to wing design. But, the slx is smooth and better with backlashes. Both great reels....
ciscot

Post by ciscot »

I also have both.
The CT feels better built in my hand, easier brake system, cast further. Also, every hypes up the t-wing system for casting further but I love it for flipping too because it's less restricting on the line and lets your bait free fall easier.
The slx is still smooth, feels cheaper but what I do like about is the handle. I feels strong so that's why I used this one as a topwater/frog reel.
But both are good, just depends what you're using it for.
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

Tatula feels much better than the SLX, I have both.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Bassjunkie17

Post by Bassjunkie17 »

I have both as well.
Both great reels, but the slx has a similar profile to the curado....which i switched from because it doesn't palm that good, tends to slip on hooksets.
So i use it for moving baits, where a power hookset is not required.
The tatula palms solid for me...no slip.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I Love my shimano's...That being said the last 3 reels I have bought over the last couple of years are Tatulas. I put a 100 on a Diawa glass rod that's like $120 which is a TW exclusive and it makes the best chatterbait or plopper rod I own. Sad over my stable of Loomis rods. But that glass action with that reel is making me smile because of the t wing and my new "flexy" rod it feels like you could toss all the line off of it :lol: . For me the shimano is more likely to give me grief than my Tatula when there is weather as the Tatula is more forgiving and the mag adjust will keep up with you when you are hucking into the wind. And yes it fits my hand better.

My .02
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!