Co-Ed Tournaments

RougeBass

Co-Ed Tournaments

Post by RougeBass »

Just wondring if there would be any intrest in doing a few co-ed tournaments? If there was something in place would anyone be intrested???
Root

Re: Co-Ed Tournaments

Post by Root »

I think it would be great, I just dont know about the litttle womans thoughts
Mark Langner

Post by Mark Langner »

I wish more women would become involved. There are a few who fish the Federation tournaments, which I think is great, just wish more got involved. My original take on B.A.S.S. going with a women-only series was not entirely positive. I can see some reasons why, but I feel it just fosters the concept that women can't compete with men, which I think is totally bogus. To me, fishing is a great equalizer and is genderless.
Root

Post by Root »

Mark,

Great point, well said! Agree 100 %. Did you know women have there own pool leauge to....Kinda goes along with what your saying
Ron C

I'm All In...

Post by Ron C »

...if I can fish it with Janet Parker! (We would win it, too!).
Root

Re: I'm All In...

Post by Root »

Ron,

How come you always get the hot chicks
Ron C

I don't...

Post by Ron C »

...but I'm trying!!!
Auggie Dog

Post by Auggie Dog »

Rouge,

We have tried to get women involved in our local club but the biggest obsticle (ladies, please don't kill the messenger!!!) has been the bathroom issue. I have never fished the delta so I don't know what you do there but on Clear Lake, the problem has been taking a "bathroon break" when you are on fish and don't want to leave your spot. Many of the ladies don't have a problem with using the portable facilities like a can or something of that nature but some insist on getting to a ramp or gas dock to use the bathroom. I'm sure there is some kind of protocol for this but we have never found the right solution. Maybe some of our female Nutcases can enlighten us on what their solution has been when faced with this kind of issue. What does one do on the Delta when you are a ways away from a bathroom? Would there have to be a courtesy rule for a co-ed circuit?

Auggie Dog
Eat, sleep, fish...I love my Skeeter!
Almost as much as my wife!!! :)
mark poulson

It's the uniform.*NM*

Post by mark poulson »

*NM*
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
RougeBass

Post by RougeBass »

Auggie,

You bring up some very good points. The reason I put this out there is because I have been approached by a few people about this. I would be happy to get something going if there was enough intrest. And I think input from the ladies would be a must. I think with a bit of planning and input from the ladies we could make this work. Just a thought! Let me know!
jack morris

Post by jack morris »

Come on guys lets give the girls a break, a small port-a-pot and a blanket to me would help a lot. I think this would make a world of difference as most women who like the outdoors know how to handle the inconvenience. Just my thoughts Jack
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

My wife and I would love to get in on something like this. We'd figure something out for bathroom breaks!

NoCAL
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

If the tournament had a few pontoon boats on the water, the ones with changing rooms, they could easily solve the bathroom issue for the ladies (and guys alike).

My new boat is just that, a Bennington 2250 RFS, the wife (my typical partner) loves to fish and now loves fishing even more now that we have a living room on the water :) There certainly are significant tradeoffs using this type of boat for bass fishing, but so far the tradeoffs (slower speed, manuverability (I do have an 80lb thrust trolling motor on the bow), trailering (which I don't do as I'm in a slip on ClearLake)) are far outweighed by all the ammenities fishing in a boat like this has. The biggest ammenty is the wife loves it, loves to fish with me and now no longer wants to go home after a few short hours on the water :):) It also great for taking a nice long nap when the damn fish decide to lay down for a few hours :)
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

As long as the gal doesn't mind using a small "port-o-potty" (tm) or for that matter even a can or bucket... Have her put on one of those inexpensive pull-over "Ponchos". She can keep her arms inside and she will have a portable enclosure for her to do her thing and still be discreet!
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
Trace

Post by Trace »

Nor-Cal has a co-ed tourney coming up soon. Now everyone will have no excuse not giving it a try.
RougeBass

Post by RougeBass »

Hey Trace where can everyone go to find addtional information on that event?
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

Same here. My wife uses a bucket when she has to go. Like someone else said most of the outdoors type will find a way to adapt.