Fishing the Delta Sept 26

StanL

Post by StanL »

delta fishing report.png

Here's a Delta report... after a couple tough weeks on the Motherlode lakes, my son and I decided to take a trip down to the Delta.

We put in at Paradise point on Friday and noticed the surface temperature was 71° and the water was slightly stained. I started throwing a topwater bait with no luck, but my son, Brian immediately started catching a lot of small fish. He was throwing a Yamamoto Senko on a Frenzy Baits Wack-a-Sack.

We made our way to the middle Delta and we figured out the bigger fish came on current points with water pushing on them, when I say bigger I mean 2lb + fish, so we decided to fish the River Rat tournament out of B&W on  Saturday.

On Saturday, we stayed in the middle Delta concentrating on any kind of points that had current pushing on them... weed  points ,tule points, rock points ,etc. We caught fish on all of them. It just had to have moving water on them.

On Saturday we cought 9 keepers on 5” green pumpkin Senkos with the wack-a-sack and 3 fish pitching a 1/2 oz Bass Union heavy cover flipping Jig with a craw trailer. For both techniques we used Gamma braid with a Gamma fluorocarbon leader.

We finished in 4th place and I had a great time fishing with my son.
I hope this helps.
Good luck fishing.
Stan L
monte300

Re: Fishing the Delta Sept 26

Post by monte300 »

Congrats on your high finish and quality time spent with your son. Thanks for the tip, also!
mark poulson

Re: Fishing the Delta Sept 26

Post by mark poulson »

monte300 wrote:Congrats on your high finish and quality time spent with your son. Thanks for the tip, also!
X2!!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY