Bullards Bar

Wrknap

Bullards Bar

Post by Wrknap »

I’m thinking of heading up to Bullards Bar this weekend. I’ve never been there but read and hear so many great things about the lake.
Any tips or recent reports?
Thanks in advance for anything.
Larry Hemphill

Re: Bullards Bar

Post by Larry Hemphill »

The fall will be a good time for you to check out the structure all over the lake. You might take some photos because a lot of the lake looks the same - very FISHY!! Keep your eye on your meter because there are lots of shallow flats in places you might not expect them. Most of the quality spotted bass suspend in the fall and are vey hard to catch. I would look for points that are long and move slowly out to deep water. If they have a ledge or dropoff at the end or side of them - Bingo!!! You usually can only find the trophy spots in shallow water during the spring spawn. There should be a lot of shadows with the sun dropping lower each day. I would key on those areas. if you are there on the right day, topwater can be fun in October!!!
Csuhchris

Re: Bullards Bar

Post by Csuhchris »

There are quite a few points that scream BIG FISH with fish suspended 100 feet in very deep water, 300. Take a look at Google Earth! Watch Cody Meyer’s videos on YouTube on how to target Suspended fish with a wacky ocho or senko. For action, get a purple ROBO worm and drop shot in 15-30 feet! Tons of rats! Enjoy! Such a beautiful lake, for pure beauty you can’t beat it! And there a cool aspect that a WR Spot is below waiting to nibble!!!