Help me choose

pflat

Help me choose

Post by pflat »

HELIX 5 CHIRP DI GPS G2 NAV

Versus

Lowrance Hook Reveal 5 Series Sonar

I want to stay sub $400.. Which is better? Will either of these work for dropping a spoon or drop shotting on fish?

My transducer on my Lowrance X50 (don't laugh) broke so I guess it's time to upgrade lol... If everything goes as planned I will be ordering a new boat soon but would like a newer FF for my current boat in the meantime..
Dek

Re: Help me choose

Post by Dek »

Not the anwer you are looking for, but I would suggest coming up with enough $ to get a bigger screen. Even a 7 is quite a bit bigger. 5 is reaaallly tiny.
drew

Post by drew »

I would look at a larger used graph. 9" gen 3 touch, carbon etc.
duckslut23

Post by duckslut23 »

BPS WILL HAVE BLK FRIDAY SALE ON ELITE 9TI FOR 599
Pat

Post by Pat »

duckslut23 wrote:BPS WILL HAVE BLK FRIDAY SALE ON ELITE 9TI FOR 599
I agree on this one, great graph, especially for that money.
pflat

Post by pflat »

Thanks guys, i should have specified.. This will be used from the helm, i dont even have a graff at the front.. My current boat is a Crestliner multi species, I will hopefully be ordering a new Skeeter by December and thought this may be a cheaper option to help me get used to the birds.. I know drop shotting or spooning is done while hovering over the trolling motor but i was just wondering if the gen 2's sonar is sensitive enough to pick up dropping and jigging drop shots and spoons.. I dont want to spend more than $400 right now because of the new boat coming..

The X50 i will be replacing made it al.ost impossible to tell the difference between a school of shad and tree tops .. Winter fishing ive always struggled without being able to find baitfish.. Thought maybe an upgrade would help me a little until the new boat arrives...