Smart gauge system for merc pro xs

JakeV77

Smart gauge system for merc pro xs

Post by JakeV77 »

So there a lot of info out there on bbc boards figured I’d check in with westernbass. I’m looking into installing a smart gauge system for my 225 proxs. I want to be able to see info in regards to rpm, water pressure, engine temp, and fault codes that are coming from the motor. Looking at the mercmonitor and vessel
view mobile. The vessel view is obviously the more economic and ease of install option but I’m reading that as far as fault codes go, it looks like people have not been satisfied with the way it reports. Just looking for insight into experiences with these systems, pros, cons. Any information is appreciated, thanks.
MichaelB

Re: Smart gauge system for merc pro xs

Post by MichaelB »

I have a 2013 Merc 225 Pro XS
Has a Smartcraft gauge like the one in the link.
Does and reads everything you wanted, including reading fault codes

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/boa ... rc-monitor
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

get the smartcraft gauge. youll need the harness and some other parts but your dealer/ mercury can tell you all the stuff you need. depending on which one you get, i think there are two models. the one most insttalled on bass boats should have everything you want. need
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Many options to pick from “ but the “Smartcraft gauge “ is the standard’ and gives you a lot of info ! , the Merc monitor is the little square gauge’ gives basic info ‘ I believe it has been discontinued but you can still find them on eBay! the vessel view Mobil, never really took off ! don’t feel like messing with cell phone while driving ! the “vessel view “ interface with Lowrance hds units is awesome! But expensive! for any way you go ! You will need the blue data cable !...I have used the “smartcraft gauge for years ! & love it
JakeV77

Post by JakeV77 »

Thanks for the information and link. The smart craft gauge definitely seems to be the standard from everything I’ve been looking into. Looks like I have some shopping to do, thanks again.