Ultex pedal freezing

Bobb

Ultex pedal freezing

Post by Bobb »

2019 ultrex, 24 v, 80lb..... issue, pedal is freezing intermittently during the course of a fishing day. Pedal freezes on the heel, downward motion of the heel and will only move if heavy pressure is applied to the heel of the pedal (not suppose to do, according to repair people) or pushing forward on the toe of the pedal and the pedal releases back to normal operation. Been to repair dealer, adjusted/tighten cables...... no effect, still freezes on downward pressure to pedal. Anyone have this annoying issue and if so, was there a resolution. Any suggestions appreciated.
basscatdave

Re: Ultex pedal freezing

Post by basscatdave »

I know this may sound trivial but make sure when you deploy the motor you don’t accidentally have the plastic handle on the cord under the heel of the pedal. I’ve done it before when I was trying to spot lock and I finally realized why spot lock wasn’t working. The handle is just fat enough to stop the heel from going all the way down.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I just had this problem last week and fixed it. It is the control board in your foot pedal.
OG on WB since 1993
Bobb

Post by Bobb »

Ok, I researched that on all the bass boards and that keep coming up, foot panel control board..... thks mike
CaliHitman

Post by CaliHitman »

Got a part number and cost for that conrtol board? Is it easy to replace?
Bobb

Post by Bobb »

Check you tube, several clips I watched, looks fairly easy. Cost I think $70-80, not for sure. Also several people on bass boat central mention that board is under recall, not confirmed
Charles

Post by Charles »

Mine was replaced under warranty. Call your local repair center. Sonny'y Electric Marine fixed min in Sacramento.