Used Boat Financing ....

Freefall

Used Boat Financing ....

Post by Freefall »

Does anyone have a company or Bank they recommend for financing a used boat? My credit union is the worst when it comes to boat loans.

I've been torn between a New / Used boat but for what I want I just cant stomach spending that kind of money. I don't fish tournaments so It's just for fun fishing. I have 4 kids that love being on the water with me and I want something that is safe, stable and has the features we need to have a good day on the water. I know my boys will want to fish the High School tourneys when they get there. There's been several used boats lately that have gotten my attention and I'd like to start getting pre qualified if I can find the right lender.

Any advice or direction is appreciated.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
JoeLanghans

Re: Used Boat Financing ....

Post by JoeLanghans »

Check out Anglersmarine.com, call Mark or Kyle there, they are experts and have a great selection of new and used boats. Financing for all credit situations
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Expect used boat prices to be rediculous, I’ve never seen them so high
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

I've looked at Anglers and they don't have anything in stock that I'm interested in.

I agree that the cost of used boats is higher than normal but that can be said of most things. I've come across a few in private party sales that I am interested in but I've yet to find a bank or company to use for financing.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
Tony M

Post by Tony M »

Anglers Marine will finance a boat even if you don't buy it from them.
Call and ask for Mark or Kyle.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I'm not sure what your budget is but here's a nice boat that has been on Boatmasters website for quite some time. With that said I assume the price is negotiable. I have no idea if Boatmasters will finance it? The hours on the outboard are a bit high at 640. Boatmasters does a good job of checking boats out and my 30 years of experience with them tells me they are very honest.

http://www.boatmasters.com/product/2016 ... -puma-ftd/
danny_c

Post by danny_c »

I went through Essex Credit (subsidiary of bank of the west) , They had the best rates at the time and the overall process went fairly smooth. Boat was purchased from a private seller.
JL

Post by JL »

Freefall

Post by Freefall »

Thank you gents.

AnglersPursuit

Post by AnglersPursuit »

Just steal one. You can steal a really nice boat right now and even if the cops know who took it and where they live will not arrest anybody. It’s wide open season on grand theft.

Just wear a Covid mask and take your license plate off when you do. That’s all it takes to fool the police around here into in-action.

Cheap, easy and approved by local law enforcement.
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

AnglersPursuit wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:34 am Just steal one. You can steal a really nice boat right now and even if the cops know who took it and where they live will not arrest anybody. It’s wide open season on grand theft.

Just wear a Covid mask and take your license plate off when you do. That’s all it takes to fool the police around here into in-action.

Cheap, easy and approved by local law enforcement.
HA HA HA!! And if you hurt the SOB's you'll be paying their medical bills too! :D

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
Yaboy

Post by Yaboy »

I concur with essex credit by Bank of the west. When I looked, best rates and terms. I bought my boat from out of state and they made it smooth.
Levy

Post by Levy »

Yaboy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:29 am I concur with essex credit by Bank of the west. When I looked, best rates and terms. I bought my boat from out of state and they made it smooth.
I also had a good experience with Essex/Bank of the West and they had the best rates as well.