R.I.P. Tackle Warehouse

Water_Dog

R.I.P. Tackle Warehouse

Post by Water_Dog »

Place had something going good for so long. Let me get caught in a pissing match between them and their shipping company about how a package got lost, and refused to refund my money for 2+ weeks. Lost a consistent customer for good. I've been hearing nothing but horror stories. What other sites can I throw $100's at?
WB Staff

Re: R.I.P. Tackle Warehouse

Post by WB Staff »

WWW.FishermansWarehouse.com is a site sponsor here. Alan Fong, manager of the Sacramento location is always ready to answer questions regarding product and help with Lowrance upgrades etc.

Retail locations
Manteca (Delta Bait and Tackle)
2201 E. Yosemite Ave.
Manteca, CA, 95336
209-239-2248

Sacramento
9035 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA, 95826
916-362-1200

Fairfield
2300 North Texas
Fairfield, CA, 94533
707-920-2396
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Wow. This is surprising to hear. They have always been great to me with their customer service. In fact, I had a package that went missing when delivered ( pourch pirates). I called them and explained my situation. They went ahead and replaced my order with 2 day shipping all free of charge. I received my order the next day.
Rattle

Post by Rattle »

I’ve waited for over an hour to get a person on the phone to take an order before. They’ve gone from great to horrible in my opinion. Very sad....
beezer15

Post by beezer15 »

Water_Dog wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:49 am Place had something going good for so long. Let me get caught in a pissing match between them and their shipping company about how a package got lost, and refused to refund my money for 2+ weeks. Lost a consistent customer for good. I've been hearing nothing but horror stories. What other sites can I throw $100's at?
I personally like clicking through midway’s clearance.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Shipping has also changed for me. 2 days has become 2 weeks.
Charles

Post by Charles »

I have to disagree. They struggles with shipping and answering the phone during covid however, my last several orders were on my porch in 1-2 days.
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

Right there with you during the pandemic. Their shipping delays were horrific. I used HookUpTackle, Fisherman’s wharehouse, and EBay. If you are willing to give them another shot, I’d recommend reaching out to a supervisor. Had a similar experience: Tackle Warehouse used DSL, which delivered to a wrong address via GPS coordinates, was ultimately refunded which was nice.
jeremy z

Post by jeremy z »

Jimmy up at Clear Lake Bait & Tackle Has been great.
Packages show up in two days.
MaxRabbit

Post by MaxRabbit »

I haven't had an issue in the last year or so. I place an order every few weeks typically and I receive my shipment in 2-3 days. Placed an order last Friday and it will be here tomorrow.

I only ever use UPS for shipping, it seems in the past if i selected the other carrier there were always problems. Sorry to hear that you have not had a similar experience.
PeteD

Post by PeteD »

I never had any orders with TW but all the other fishing stores including West Marine I called were not helpful at all, Frustrating. All out of stock.
EXCEPT FISHERMANS WAREHOUSE, Fairfield -every time I called a warm body answered the phone and Knew what They were talking about, I purchased three items in the last month and when others were out of stock this store had it.
The staff there is very knowledgeable and professional.
5 Stars.
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

So here is a real time transaction with TW, I ordered some jigs this morning and received my order confirmation e-mail. Within the last 30 minutes I received another e-mail with the tracking # and "shipment is on its way". Not bad, all that within hours.
Water_Dog

Post by Water_Dog »

marinerfandave wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:56 am So here is a real time transaction with TW, I ordered some jigs this morning and received my order confirmation e-mail. Within the last 30 minutes I received another e-mail with the tracking # and "shipment is on its way". Not bad, all that within hours.
Same happened to me. Ordered $250 in items, confirmation immediately. Then the tracking kept saying it was never picked up. Over 2 weeks lost now and still haven't received my money back.
Water_Dog

Post by Water_Dog »

PeteD wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:02 am I never had any orders with TW but all the other fishing stores including West Marine I called were not helpful at all, Frustrating. All out of stock.
EXCEPT FISHERMANS WAREHOUSE, Fairfield -every time I called a warm body answered the phone and Knew what They were talking about, I purchased three items in the last month and when others were out of stock this store had it.
The staff there is very knowledgeable and professional.
5 Stars.
Fisherman's warehouse is probably who i'll go to, and shop around from there.
Steve L

Post by Steve L »

In all fairness, TW did have some problems. We were completely spoiled by their prices, shipping, and absolute service. As they grew, they lost a few steps. I recently placed an order and had it in three days. It seems to me TW has been listening and they are getting back on track. Let's also not forget, that they probably had many inventory problems like many companies. I'm not giving up on them yet
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

Covid is STILL causing problems with getting reliable employees, no one in this industry is immune to that problem believe me we know ….Have I had a few problems recently? Yes but not enough to stop buying from them . Relax people…..
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

Update to my Monday post, received just now making this overnight service. I paid $1 extra for UPS, worth it!