Ghost Trolling motor?

RJB

Ghost Trolling motor?

Post by RJB »

I have an appointment in Jan to have my boat looked at for a wiring issue at Boatmasters in Livermore. Last year they installed 2 new HDS UNITS on my boat and they did a great job. While it’s there I wanted to have a ghost trolling motor put on and they told me that ghosts have a lot of issues and that I should get an Ultrex. Have any of you guys had issues with your ghost trolling motor? Just want to hear before I spend all that money. Thanks
kmah

Re: Ghost Trolling motor?

Post by kmah »

I’ve had 4 on 4 boats. So far all 4 of the ones I got, I haven’t had a single issue with any of them. The one on my 2020 boat, I fish out of 2x a week and it hasn’t had a single issue, runs just a good as the one on my 2023.

You have to calibrate it, do the off set, and make sure the heading sensor has a clear shot to the sky. But other than that, truly been an amazing motor.

Good luck
K. Mah
gbchulavista

Post by gbchulavista »

going on three years with my ghost, have had no problems.
Popper

Post by Popper »

After dealing with numerous issues with the Ultrex I finally switch over to a Ghost.
Biggest and most "common" problem?
Water intrusion into the head of the motor.
-Minn Kota may.... have resolved the problem today, but the 3rd break down in a tournament was the last straw.

Reliability of the Ghost is pending since its introduction to the market.
Based on my usage and other owners it's a damn good trolling motor.
scott39

Post by scott39 »

RJB wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:05 pm I have an appointment in Jan to have my boat looked at for a wiring issue at Boatmasters in Livermore. Last year they installed 2 new HDS UNITS on my boat and they did a great job. While it’s there I wanted to have a ghost trolling motor put on and they told me that ghosts have a lot of issues and that I should get an Ultrex. Have any of you guys had issues with your ghost trolling motor? Just want to hear before I spend all that money. Thanks
CC marine told me the exact opposite. My only complaint is that I don't think it's quite as good in grass. But close. The precise spot lock makes up for it.
Dobyns Rods
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Mike Maliano has a ghost NIB for sale at a great price 3k - he posted on FB yesterday.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/