Casitas is closed until ? No water being diverted as there is a problem.

Kelly Ripa

Casitas is closed until ? No water being diverted as there is a problem.

Post by Kelly Ripa »

The gate says they have no idea when they will open. Good news is we may have gotten close to 8-10 feet the gates guess of water in the lake. The Bad News is the diverter is not operational and NO WATER is being diverted into the lake. The only water going in is run off from creeks and that's not much...the rivers roaring along at the 1/3 mark right down to the sea. Matillaja Dam is at 150%...nothing being diverted until it's repaired. It happens every time water falls out of the sky....Oh the diverter is down. :lol: :lol: all genius level top notch work by the board to keep water out of the lake.

You cannot see Santa Ana Creek area but you can see that the water from the creek backed up and went up and over the 150 there. :shock: :shock: When I came through that area from fishing on Friday I looked through to the opposite side of the culvert where the water comes under the 150 and you could distinctly see dead white trees had washed up across them years ago but were just left there. I wondered then what would be the fate of that area. Now I know. It could have totally wasted that entire piece of the 150 but it appears to have survived. When they get all of the crap off of the guard rails they might want to clear it to the bottom of the tunnel ...But hey it's probably not their problem.

So... little water coming in, the lake is closed until?....And they are working on the diverter.

Oh and on the reservoir site for Calif. Casitas went from 31% to -1% :shock: Did the dam break? Idiots at the wheel. :wink:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
JVGondal

Re: Casitas is closed until ? No water being diverted as there is a problem.

Post by JVGondal »

The results we have are expected. Just look at the governor’s ideas
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Lots of problems across the state for sure but Gavin ain't the problem in this instance and surely(Shirley? :lol: ) isn't the answer. And stop calling me Shirley :mrgreen: The water board is brain dead or has an agenda...I'm bet'n on the latter.
LET'S GO BRANDON
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Kelly Ripa wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:38 pm And stop calling me Shirley :mrgreen: The water board is brain dead or has an agenda...I'm bet'n on the latter.
:D :D
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
WRB

Post by WRB »

5 years ago to the same day the Ventura River flooded and no water was diverted via the Robles dam to Casitas because of growth with birds nest had grown in the channel. Before that no water was diverted from the Ventura River into Casitas because Arrow Island had bird nests.
Birds have wings and can fly away from rising water.
So why is this excuse repeated? Simple answer is environmentalist control the water board and Patagonia Clothing controls the environmentalist.
Casitas should be approaching full pool from the series of storms we had in the area as it did in the past years.The Robles diversion dam is part of the lake Casitas project to use Ventura River water to fill the lake.
Bass anglers should petition and demand the Robles Diversion dam be maintained and divert water to fill lake Casitas.
Tom
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Here you go Wes(Wrknap) and all nutcase's who want to know what strokes the Casitas debacle and think it's news worthy. Tom didn't miss anything when talking about the excuses in years past. When I moved to Ojai the lake was on both sides of the 150 and was a world class destination with world class fish. That was 16 years ago and she hasn't gone up but the minimal amounts for the 16 years I've been here. And those aren't world class fish swimming in it now either.We need the Citrus and other growers in on this as we are just stupid backwards fishermen otherwise. Maybe we can go find an investigative reporter from the Ventura Star that wants in on it and make a stink. Won't happen Sadly. I'd like to hear how Tom link's Patagonia to our troubles but I don't want anyone sued. :wink:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

As of this afternoon1/12 something is broken and no water is going in until they replace/repair it and it doesn't sound like it'll get done anytime soon to me.
LET'S GO BRANDON
WRB

Post by WRB »

&*#@**🤬sob’s!
Tom
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

So I did a very minor search into Patagonia. You are right Tom the influence of money can be seen first hand. As Bad as Soros for our country in certain aspects. Prolly need a lot of rational people to become new water board members so it won't happen. To undue anything here is virtually impossible.... :wink:
LET'S GO BRANDON
WRB

Post by WRB »

My doctor wants to remodel his home in Ventura for the last 2 years and can’t get a permit. The reason he is given is no more new building or remodeling until Casitas is over 50% full....he still on the wait list.
Another good storm comes in tonight what a shame🤬
Tom
Marc

Post by Marc »

As a retired water district General Manager, I can say the best way to influence policy is to run and become a board member. It astounds me knowing the history of Casitas and the long standing problems of environmentalists on the board that bass anglers haven't run for board positions. That is how you fix these issues.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Once you rested the board from their positions you would then be up against a federal judge because of our rare" never been seen since before the dam was constructed" steelhead. I'm 65 and Tom's in his 70's I'll have to just pucker up and go fishing....I always like getting a kiss while being screwed :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON