Water closed
5 mph zones / 2 hrs before and after high tide
San Joaquin County Only

There is a map at download link

https://www.dbyc.com/resources/River%20 ... 172023.pdf
Michael1

Re: Delta Closures San Joaquin County

Post by Michael1 »

Wow. Seems like the closures may be in effect on and off into the summer. If orange is the area that is limited to 5mph during high tide, then what is the area in red. The legend says that red is closed. Is that just for high tide also?

I was looking for the original document on the DBW alerts website, (https://dbw.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=28833), but this closure is not listed. Has it been rescinded? Instead there is a closure for San Joaquin River in place.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Delta Closures San Joaquin County
Attachments
Delta Closures San Joaquin County.png
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

1 Delta Closures San Joaquin County.png
1 Delta Closures San Joaquin County s.png
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I understand about the pink areas what are the restrictions in yellow areas?
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

The posted restrictions say 5 mph from 2 hrs before high tide until 2 hrs after high tide
MarkB67

Post by MarkB67 »

It'll be interesting to see just how they enforce these closures ... we're talking a HUGE area with fluctuating "High" tide windows. People who launch and fish more exclusively in the South Delta, I would imagine, are going to blow this off unless tickets are getting written aggressively. Bottom Line: Seems like overkill, as usual. by the local agencies ... I understand in those areas that have house boats and /or homes close to to the high water line it makes sense ... but Victoria Slough etc. ?? There's nothing that can get swamped etc out there.
kb

Post by kb »

They are worried about the levees with the high water and Victoria has wake and surf boats destroying them all time but with the water up higher than usual they are concerned about the structure of the Delta system. Let's hope the anglers down there obey it or it will close all together.

I am sure you can't launch in the closed areas.......

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I’ll be on Whiskey Slough/Empire Cut area tomorrow and even though there are no houseboats I plan to honor the rule. High tide is 8:00am so I assume my speed limit is 5mph between 6:00am-10:00am
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

Per the map, Whiskey Sl is closed to recreational boating
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

kb wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:27 pm They are worried about the levees with the high water and Victoria has wake and surf boats destroying them all time but with the water up higher than usual they are concerned about the structure of the Delta system. Let's hope the anglers down there obey it or it will close all together.

I am sure you can't launch in the closed areas.......

kb
Amen. Let's not ruin it for everyone else, or be the cause of some catastrophic levee failure.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Rob

Post by Rob »

It is strange that the PDF is from the Disco Bay Yacht Club but when you go to their site there is no way to navigate to the document that I can find. Dept of Boating and Waterways does not mention this detailed map. I did look and Whiskey Marina is closed to launching.
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

The problem is no one knows the rules
No signs no postings. Unless you come on this site and look at this thread how else would you know

It’s the same as 2017. Who know what the rules are
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Yeah it's definitely not being distributed very well. I found it on the San Joaquin County office of Emergency site but you really have to look hard to find it.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

TonyM wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:54 pm Per the map, Whiskey Sl is closed to recreational boating
The only people that can launch from Whiskey Slough are those of us that store our boats there.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

The only bass boat I saw on the water today was around 9:00am and it was running wide open eastbound on Empire Cut. With the tide high at 8:00am I followed the rules and didn’t run fast until 10:00am. In my bass boat the only time I’m not throwing a wake is at idle. At 5mph I throw a bigger wake than when I’m trimmed out and running wide open. I’m not at all thrilled about this new rule and I’m hoping it’s not in effect for long.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

monte300 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:29 pm
TonyM wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:54 pm Per the map, Whiskey Sl is closed to recreational boating
The only people that can launch from Whiskey Slough are those of us that store our boats there.
Yeah. For a while, Whiskey slough marina has been open only to those that store there boats there. I have my boat there but it looks like it is in the pink area. If I am reading it correctly, the pink area seems to be closed all the time and not just during high tide. But when I called Whiskey Slough Marina, they said there wasn't a restriction.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Michael1 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:15 am
monte300 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:29 pm
Yeah. For a while, Whiskey slough marina has been open only to those that store there boats there. I have my boat there but it looks like it is in the pink area. If I am reading it correctly, the pink area seems to be closed all the time and not just during high tide. But when I called Whiskey Slough Marina, they said there wasn't a restriction.
They will launch your boat for you the only restriction is 5mph two hours before high tide and two hours after high tide and that restriction extends out through Empire Cut and Tiki Lagun/Turner Cut areas
Rob

Post by Rob »

According to the map Whiskey is closed? So even the marina affected is not following the county rule? This is kinda nuts and confusing since I’ve launched in Stockton multiple times this week and there is not sign or notice anywhere on the ramp. It’s almost like a super secret closure with honors only enforcement.
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Yeah the whole thing is a big cluster fu** as usual.