Fishing Clear Lake March 27

WB Staff

Fishing Clear Lake March 27

Post by WB Staff »

By MW Guide Service
Water Temp: 52-55

Water Clarity: Muddy (0-2 foot visibility)

Report: Took a couple of clients out in-between storms March 15-18th, and have been out solo several times since then. Had one client score a 7 pound fish, the other client with a solid limit ranging from 3.5 pounds to one 6 pounder.

Water levels have risen and have topped out around 8 ft Rumsey. What a difference from the grim outlook we were facing back in the Fall.

Water clarity has been highly variable depending on creek flows and where the winds blow all the silt and debris. March 15-18 we had this odd easterly wind that was turned the north end into a mud bath, so we stayed either mid lake or down south. After that things settled down and clarity was maybe 1-2 feet and more of the usual dark stained color.

On my own, I have been fishing State Park all the way to Lakeport, focusing on creek outlets and known areas outside of spawning flats. Compared to this time last year, the bite is significantly better and I’m finding more of that “normal” pre-spawn pattern happening around the lake.

Tips: Most of our fish came on crankbaits and bladed jigs in shades of red. LV500s and jerkbaits have been decent in cleaner water. I've gotten a few fish to commit to a glide bait, although the bites have been more selective and infrequent. If you’re into fishing big swimbaits, now is the time more than ever.

Watch out for debris. I've encountered a few good size logs and branches floating around the main lake - some that I definitely would not want to hit with considerable speed.
Otay Michael

Re: Fishing Clear Lake March 27

Post by Otay Michael »

So the lake never flooded... yet?
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.