Another tackle shop gone

jiggin4bass

Another tackle shop gone

Post by jiggin4bass »

Hook line & sinker close there doors for good.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
ILW

Re: Another tackle shop gone

Post by ILW »

I havent seen it myself but I heard there is or will be an Ace Hardware taking over that spot with a fishing tackle area where Hook was.
unravels

Post by unravels »

Whole situation just seems bad to me, the hook closed because their rent got raised to the point they couldn’t make it anymore, now hardware store next door is putting in a tackle shop in the same place as the one that seems to have gotten ran out due to price gouging on rent. Just doesn’t smell right.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Im thankful that we still have The Basshole on Bethel Island ready to serve the anglers needs.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
callwakeup

Post by callwakeup »

BPS opens in So. Cal (Irvine) next month--- what will the ripple effects be?
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

So with everyone buying their stuff from Amazon and the likes they keep growing and getting richer while all the mom and pop shops struggle to make a buck. Realizing this and supporting our local businesses is the only way they will survive. So support your local businesses or they will ALL disappear!
Check out the parking lot swap meet coming up in march at the Basshole-buy or sell -come either way for some great deals!
Custom rod builder/rod repair

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

AVG.JOE wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:58 am So with everyone buying their stuff from Amazon and the likes they keep growing and getting richer while all the mom and pop shops struggle to make a buck. Realizing this and supporting our local businesses is the only way they will survive. So support your local businesses or they will ALL disappear!
Check out the parking lot swap meet coming up in march at the Basshole-buy or sell -come either way for some great deals!
You're right!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Bigdirty

Post by Bigdirty »

Very rough subject. Yes it’s great to support the mom and pops store . They employe mom
And pops and maybe 2 more .. prices are usually higher ,due to the companies they buy from .. no the other hand . The bass pro,tackle wherehouse ,Amazon. ,etc etc eemploy 10s and 10s of thousands of employees,giving families benefits,avg pay, and a career. . These are facts not opinions . Mom
And pops will always be in business . Until the rent goes up.
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

Order from Amazon and ask them what color is working best or where the bite is hot . They don’t care about u only ur money. They got rich cause of Covid no mom and pops did. They don’t sponsor any tournaments . Support local commerce! It’s good for everyone! If u don’t they will all b gone, and for what 50cents less on a pack of worms?

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y
monte300

Post by monte300 »

AVG.JOE wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:55 pm Order from Amazon and ask them what color is working best or where the bite is hot . They don’t care about u only ur money. They got rich cause of Covid no mom and pops did. They don’t sponsor any tournaments . Support local commerce! It’s good for everyone! If u don’t they will all b gone, and for what 50cents less on a pack of worms?
I’ve never found fishing tackle on Amazon to be anywhere near inexpensive.
Bigdirty

Post by Bigdirty »

If your ordering tackle from Amazon ,your prob a moron ..
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

AVG.JOE wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:55 pm Order from Amazon and ask them what color is working best or where the bite is hot . They don’t care about u only ur money. They got rich cause of Covid no mom and pops did. They don’t sponsor any tournaments . Support local commerce! It’s good for everyone! If u don’t they will all b gone, and for what 50cents less on a pack of worms?
Says it all!!
obsessed fisherman

Post by obsessed fisherman »

I've been in the new tackle annex for Ace and they actually had what I was looking for. Amazing. I heard about the rent increase and business is business. However, my conspiracy side wonders if it didn't have to do with the sale of guns in Oakley. Did anyone pull some strings with the property owner to drive the rent up and put the hook out of business, only to turn around and expand Ace with some fishing stuff but no more guns and ammo? Sounds like something that could happen in the 2nd amendment hating state. :oops:
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Wow, what a shame !! Gene and the crew were always very helpful !! The Hook was always my stop when at the Delta !! Been that way since way back when it was at Big Break Marina !! Best of luck to Gene and Crew, hope you find something new that you love just as much !!!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

Pretty sure Gene sold Hook, Line and Sinker many years ago. Don’t think he’s had any involvement for many years. Those were the good old days when The Hook was on the water down at the Big Break Marina.
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

Gene hasn’t owned in 10 years -the Continete family bought and have been running it.

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y
Bigdirty

Post by Bigdirty »

Lots of mom
And pop
Stores are not selling guns anymore due to comrad newsoms regime requiring a huge increase insurance..
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Bigdirty wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:53 am Lots of mom
And pop
Stores are not selling guns anymore due to comrad newsoms regime requiring a huge increase insurance..
The bastrid strikes again :twisted: