Ok..I'm old and maybe a little slow minded,but why???

JT-Madera

Ok..I'm old and maybe a little slow minded,but why???

Post by JT-Madera »

Why would anyone want to pay $750.00 to fish as a co-angler in a BASS Elite Tournament...

I can think of a lot of things to do with that much money,,,instead of getting a boat ride in a boat that I can't even throw baits foreward of the consoles...

Please someone enlighten me........I could hire three guide trips,,,buy a new graph for my boat,,,buy three gloomis rods,,,six new Shimano reels,,,etc,,etc,,,
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Ok..I'm old and maybe a little slow minded,but why???

Post by ash »

I'm with you on this one bro, 750.00 could get me my new graph and two full tanks for my boat. I would rather go fishing then have a boat ride! 8)
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
swimbait

Post by swimbait »

I'm gonna try to sign up for the delta event for one reason. To see how good those guys really are. I can't see any other way to find out.
Lance

Post by Lance »

JT,

Where is the information on the fee's for Am's, I cant find it anywhere.

Thanks
rickyshabazz

Think about it....

Post by rickyshabazz »

How many chances do you have to fish with a KVD, or the other "Elite" anglers?

There are some who would pay much more to have a shot at fishing with a legand.
The Wanabepro
billythekidd44

Re: Think about it....

Post by billythekidd44 »

rickyshabazz wrote:How many chances do you have to fish with a KVD, or the other "Elite" anglers?

There are some who would pay much more to have a shot at fishing with a legand.
True,the experience alone I think is worth it.A couple of years back I drew Andre Moore and Charlie Weyer,although I didnt fair very well in the standings I sure did learn quite a few things from a couple of awesome fisherman,and they were good guys to boot.Plus normally you get your money back if you place in top 50 which isnt to bad,and you dont have to own a particular boat in order to win a boat if you place 1st.
Jim Conlow Sr.

Well it seems like they always have more applicants than

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

more applicants than seats. perhaps for some it is that one chance in a lifetime to fish the major league type tournament
Dan Stahlman

Post by Dan Stahlman »

Gosh, for 750 I could almost fill my boat up with gas twice.
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

I've fished many of the BASS events out here, including the 2 tour events BASS had at the Delta & Clear Lake several years ago - of course I think they were $400 at the time. But they were well worth the $$. Where else could you go out to the parking lot at the Super 8 on March Lane, have a beer & talk to Shaw Grigsby for 2 hours? Or go behind your cabin at Clear lake & say hi to Denny & Chad Brauer, or go next store & talk to Ken Cook? It's a lot of $$, but if there is anyway you can afford it -GO.

When BASS left the West coast, most of us were crying & complaining - cancelling subscriptions - how dare they do that to us, etc., etc. Now they are coming back out here - with the Major league tour, the best of the best - and we are crying it cost too much? How much would a day on the Delta cost you with one of the top guides - $300-$400? If you look at it in perspective, maybe it's not quite as expensive as we think.

One of the best days I have ever had fishing the Delta was with Kelly Jordan - even if I did take a plunge!

I don't know if I can afford it - but if there is any way I can do it - I'll be there.
Barry

When the Registration is availiable....

Post by Barry »

get your money in quick! Only 100 spots. $750 is a Pro entry fee for a chance at a Pro size prize. Steve Tosh and Gary Hariguchi were back in New York trying for it. Must be something to it.
I'll bet you'll see a lot of Western Pro names on the co-angler side of these unless they conflict with the Strens/FLW.
They will fill these quick. .....Barry
basstamer

Jim V hit the nail on the head

Post by basstamer »

$750.00 would be worth it to me to fish with ol Skeety boy I'll tell ya! It'd be my luck I'd draw Ikeaphony!
Farres

Post by Farres »

If they'll take my money, I'm in.
swordfish

Re: Jim V hit the nail on the head

Post by swordfish »

it's only money.....tho it goes less farther every day, in 1983 I fought to scrape 200 +-less $ cain't recall to fish a western bass draw on clearlake drew Gary Klein and got a priceless lesson on flippin clear lake he caught a 20 lb limit day one and went on to win the tourney the 200 was big bucks for me then and well worth it he also turned me on to bomber 15 jerkbaits @ # 18 rapalas gave me jigs and pork rinds to take home and introduced me to using spray scents granted tis type of info was harder to find then imagine throwing jerk baits on clear lake before anyone knew what rippin was point is the entry may be worth it if you get the right draw.... or as usual the weather turns bad and you may draw out mr. lost if you can afford the cost roll the dice
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
W.C

Post by W.C »

Jim V. wrote: When BASS left the West coast, most of us were crying & complaining - cancelling subscriptions - how dare they do that to us, etc., etc. Now they are coming back out here - with the Major league tour, the best of the best - and we are crying it cost too much? How much would a day on the Delta cost you with one of the top guides - $300-$400? If you look at it in perspective, maybe it's not quite as expensive as we think.

One of the best days I have ever had fishing the Delta was with Kelly Jordan - even if I did take a plunge!

I don't know if I can afford it - but if there is any way I can do it - I'll be there.
I agree with Jim's comments. :) Too much crying and for what??? :?I also cancelled my subscription to them. Whats that really going to do?? "Show them" yea right!!! I think B.A.S.S thinks enough of The Delta and Clear Lake too come back again. :D As for me, I'm heck of happy i can record another great showing from Robert Lee. I will be routing for the Home Team to Kick some Azz!!! and just Hopefully I will be fishing out of the back of their boat when it happends . To me 750.00 is too much money to pay for any Tournament and 3.39 a Gallon is too much money to pay for gasing up my truck and bass boat , but i still do it for the love of this addiction these little green fish have put me on , dammit !! :twisted: {Don't hate the Players Love the Game!} Baby Do u Feel Me ???? :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :D
Narcdogk9

FLW

Post by Narcdogk9 »

FLW is only $350 for co angler and $750 for pro.....
It was cuff'm and stuff'm. Now it's catch'm and release'm
rickyshabazz

Stren verses Elite

Post by rickyshabazz »

Come on guys,
We can't compare fishing a Stren event to an Elite Series event. While I am a huge FLW Stren supporter, they each are in a league of their own.

One is comprised with up and coming regional Bass Pros and a $5,000 first place (unless your a Ranger owner) and the other gives away a boat for first. Not to mention that for $750 you have a shot a fishing with KVD and other Elite angers.

I'm not sure, don't think KVD will be fishing the Stren Delta-I could be wrong?

Fishing an Elite event is more comparable to fishing the FLW Tour.
Last edited by rickyshabazz on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wanabepro
Ray L.

Re: Stren verses Elite

Post by Ray L. »

There is no comparing those 2 circuits. You can compare both tours though and have all the fun you want with that.
That is not what this thread is about.
If I can work them into my schedule I will try to fish at least 1 of the first 3.If not all of them.
I was lucky enough to fish at Clear Lake when they were here and had the ultimate 2 draws. I drew K.V.D. on Day 1 and Joe Thomas on day 2. Both were class acts and also I got a lot of info on the Delta from Joe because he had just finished in the top 10 at the Delta tournament.K.V.D. was a once in a lifetime expierience. I still am amazed at how he fishes. 3 casts ahead is how he fishes. Joe Thomas is a great guy and would give you the shirt off his back. After day 2 with Joe we had dinner together and then both followed each other driving because he had to turn in his boat to the Outdoor Channel down in Southern Cal.
Yes I am not a big B.A.S.S. supporter but I would still enter to have the chance to fish with the best in the world.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me