Just got done pulling the bloody neighbor kid from his car

Fishin' Dave

Just got done pulling the bloody neighbor kid from his car

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Yep, my wonderful neighbors who I was asking for someone to buy the house. Well they cranked up the stereos and decided to have a drag race. Boyfriend vs girlfriend. Well, the dude went full speed in to my pine tree with his Honda (pine tree won), put the engine in to the front seat, and rolled back in to my yard. I was one of the first on scene (fresh from the shower, soon to become bloody) He was hanging half way out of the car with a smashed up face, badly dislocated wrist, both arms broke, one leg badly damaged. I began asking him guestions and his response was he wanted to lay down and go to sleep. I knew this boy was about to go in to shock so I looked him over, saw him moving his neck and he said he could move his legs. So I made the decision to get him out of the car and sit him down in front of me. I had to get the mom and all the kids to calm down and let them know that shock was the most dangerous issue and calm was vital. I set my body up so he could lean on me and made sure everyone maintained a conversation with him. Here in Copperopolis, the AVERAGE 911 response time is a state low 21 minutes. Luckily for us the fire department was on the way to clean up the Bingo game. It was a good 10 min before firemen showed un. The girl hit a smaller pine tree and took out a fire hydrant, but was not injured because she had her seat belt on. Back to the boy, we began to stablilize him and got him straped on to a board. He was pissed because they kept asking him if he knew what day of the week it was and where he was. I told him he might not know if his mind goes bad and in to shock so keep answering no nater how dumb it sounds. We hauled him up the hill on the board to the fire truck. After loading him in the fire truck, the ambulance finally arrived. So we had to switch him over to the ambulance to be medi-flighted to Doctors Medical Cented in Modesto. By this time 2 CHP officers had arrived to take reports. It was a race and the girl admited to it. I let them know that I hate their partys and lous stereos and to be more careful. CHP took reports and I forund out they carry a remington 870 shot gun 12 ga and an AR-15. (I'm a gun guy sorry). Anyway, no news on the kid, I just got out of the shower and washed all the blood off to type this up. I had to tell someone. I started out this morning cleaning out my boat to sell felling bummed, then my gal thought her water broke (baby is due on the 23rd) so I went to excitement, then a false alarm. I finally got steriods for the poison oak that is on every square inch of my body and took some beynadryl to go to bed. Then BAM, car accident and time to fly in to acction. Forrest Gump was right, life is like a box of chocolates!!
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Bassinlee

Re: Just got done pulling the bloody neighbor kid from his c

Post by Bassinlee »

Y'know, you could probably have predicted that this would happen. You have been pretty clear in previous postings that you'd like one of us to buy the next door house, and replace the neighborhood's feral kids with someone who is more respectful, or hell, even sane.
Lets just say that this incident falls under the category of "a little chlorine in the gene pool". Or mebbe "Karma Kickback". Or, "spare the rod, spoil the child". Or, whatever.
At least, you'll have a few days of peace and quiet. Maybe the crash punched a hole in the stereo. :twisted:
Shoulda just let the miscreant 'go to sleep'. But, you're a more stand-up guy than that, even though they were not your favorite folks.
Ah well. At least trees occasionally serve a good purpose: :shock: :shock:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ucky+rally

-Bassinlee
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

Nice work Dave....your neighbor's are lucky you were around to help out. Kudos to you for putting aside your feelings about them and providing such vital assistance, good job.
Kurt
Blue_R70

Post by Blue_R70 »

Maybe you shouldn't have interfered with the Law of Natural Selection...
Gator

Post by Gator »

Way to go Dave. This may be the wake up call the kid needs.
Rich hamilton

Re: whiskey bottles....

Post by Rich hamilton »

and brand new cars, oak tree your in my way, theres too much coke and too much smoke, look what's going on inside you, ooh that smell, cant you smell that smell, the smell of death that surrounds you.... SKYNARD[/img]
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Blue_R70

Post by Blue_R70 »

Bassbones wrote:Wow Blue..... And you guys think me and Mike are dicks......
I am not gunna disagree with you but what if that was your son?

I know I would of done the same thing...

Wow what a conundrum......
Actually, I'm not that heartless. You're right, it is quite the conundrum--when the very people who are making your life miserable all of a sudden need your help in a life and death situation, whaddya do? You do what's right of course, but after all this is over are they still going to be jerks?
Porkrind

Post by Porkrind »

Sounds like you need a drink Dave!!!
W.C

Post by W.C »

Hey David! My hats off to you buddy. :) I think u did what anybody would have done in that situation. :wink: and That my friend will get u a few more steps closer to Heaven. It's funny what life has in store for us and how things work themselves out. Maybe now that u have done this, those kids will open there eyes a bit and grow up. I know that when i was a kid , i did some stupid things , things that i regrate to this day. but i know its part of growing up. u are a Hero in a certain kind of way. and just maybe those people next door to you will see that from now on and give u the respect u and your family deserve. again Great Job Buddy.
Dave Mayo

Wow!! Dave my hats off to you..way to keep things Calm

Post by Dave Mayo »

and under control...its wierd how life works...

c-you at the Redneck Games

Dave
firebass911

Re: Wow!! Dave my hats off to you..way to keep things Calm

Post by firebass911 »

Sorry about having neighbors like that. Had some like that when I lived in the bay area. The problem with neighbors like that is that they are probably the lawsuit type. Please remember that neck movement and extremity movement does not always equal negative spinal injury. I had a call just last week where a girl was a paasenger in a vehicle that was rear ended. She was out of the car upon our arrival sitting on the curb. Damage to vehicle told me to have her neck held still, collared and boarded. Turns out she had a T7 fracture. All you need is one of their friends see their buddy moving his legs, you pull him out, and then later have paralysis. Just the country we live in. If there is no other life threatening situation such as car on fire or sinking in water, or possible doa and you are going to try cpr, leave him in the car. You can hold c-spine if you like, but you really open yourself up when you start moving people. Even with good samaritan laws. On a side note I hope that wasn't a negative jab at the fire dept.
Just some food for thought.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Let them negative jab all they want! You know in your heart what you do for people! FDNY went up on 9/11 while thousands were running out of the buildings. 343 deaths later... Dave means no disrespect and did what his heart told him to do. I am glad that you related what happens in our world as many do not realize it. I was thinking it but did not want to rain on his parade. he is a daddy now and has plenty of NEW things to worry about! :D
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
firebass911

Post by firebass911 »

Wasn't raining on his parade. Glad he actually helped. Just letting him know that not all injuries or injured people act the same. And that people WILL sue if giving any opportunity. Was also trying to decifer the bingo comment.
ONTHETHING !!!

Post by ONTHETHING !!! »

WHAT ASELFLESS ACT TO PUT ASIDE YOUR DISLIKE AND HELP OUT.WELL DONE AN ACT OF KINDNESS CAN GO A LONGWAY TO STARTING OR MENDING A RELATIONSHIP. SOUNDS LIKE U DESERVE A BOTTLE OF MONA VIE TO HELP THE DAY GO BUY.