Who wants a Winter Rally at Folsom?

Gator

Who wants a Winter Rally at Folsom?

Post by Gator »

I think it is time we get the NutCases back up here. I am thinkin December 30th. Same as always with NutCase events - two weigh-ins, I am thinking 10:30 and 2:00 - that way we can get people on their way home as soon as possible. Potluck afterwards. I will be doing hot dogs on the grill. I am sure I can get Cooch to donate some Sausitas :D . Let me know and I will get the permit done and we will make this happen.

NutCase ON!!!!
gt5bass

Re: Who wants a Winter Rally at Folsom?

Post by gt5bass »

Gator,

Sounds good to me. I can donate some Brats to the cause like I did this year.
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

Sandra will make Mac salad, I'll make chili.

Bill
Just call me Tule bender
BassTraveler

Hey, Your Dreaming...

Post by BassTraveler »

The last time I checked you weren't even there at the last one.
There's only one person who gets to choose.
And his name starts with a D. :wink:
Nice Try!
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com

and if i remember right

Post by Guest »

didnt someone in the last few days refer to folsom as the DEAD SEA. I sure hope we choose anywhere except there.....heck I'd even go to Del Valle before I went to folsom and that is one of the biggest mud holes around.....

please DEWAYNE,,,,,,,help us out

korny

PS....I will donate some hot links to the cause
gt5bass

Re: and if i remember right

Post by gt5bass »

Korny,

I thought that was Millerton :?
Gator

Post by Gator »

Nobody stepped up to run this so I spoke up. If Mr. Bonham wishes to pick another venue so be it. As long as he guarantees he will be there to defend his title. Let us know TopNut, we got plans to make!!
gt5bass

Re: and if i remember right

Post by gt5bass »

korny wrote:please DEWAYNE,,,,,,,help us out
Perhaps since Deeeewaaaaynee is a Delta Boy...we could go back to the beginning and do it at Orwood then :P

Let's Git R Dun :mrgreen:
kb

100% Bass fishoff's all to be held at Folsom

Post by kb »

That is a great lake and you need to get some baits that spotted bass will bite, put some lighter line on your rod, quit looking for tulles, tide or weeds and turn on your depth finder (you do have one right).

If Korny would just get on one good Folsom bite.....100% bass would have all their fishoff's there.

Oh and even if you don't win at least come on down and let some of us Folsom rats kick your A$$ Korny :lol:

If Korny is giving sausages then I guess I will throw in a Lamiglas rod for big fish IF and only IF you have it at Folsom and if Korny shows up to fish it I will give a Berkley assortment of line and baits away to the guy or gal that beats him by one place (We may have to figure down a long ways)

Yea Korny....no tide, no tulles, no weeds.....I smell smoke :twisted:

kb :lol:
Colebass

Come on, you know that won't happen!

Post by Colebass »

Make it two Lamiglas rods! :lol: :lol:
Dave Cole
ash
SpeedBump

Foslom as the Dead Sea

Post by ash »

Man I agree, didnt someone in the last few days refer to folsom as the DEAD SEA.

Hell if I can figure it out, my choice would be for Berry or Horroville. As last years winter numb nutz does that count? :lol:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
BassTraveler

Hey Mr. 13th Top Pro at Folsum...

Post by BassTraveler »

Last time I checked you weren't at the rally either.
Something about getting beat by a Misty didn't sit well! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with korny! Come on in...Dewayne.
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

I just laugh when some people call Folsom the "dead sea". In January last year at the FBL event we had nine teams with over 13 lbs -- including two teams with over 19 lbs (19.32 + 21.86).

and I know, I know...I wasn't at the last rally...blah blah blah...
but I am willing to ante up a few trinkets.

tell you what...if we have it at Folsom, I will donate: (1) blade from Lim-it Lures, (1) Buzzbait from Markeys Baits, (1) pack of Roboworms, and a bottle of No Sweat Mist (Hi Sieggy) :wink:
Dewayne

Re: WOW!!

Post by Dewayne »

Now accepting bribes!! So far Kent has the lead. Will you throw in Ultimate Bass coverage??

What is the fog like on Folsom that time of year?

I do always like Oroville that time of year. I have heard they eat jigs there.

The Delta??? Where is that? Problem there is no affordable place for people to stay unless we head out of Stockton. Then there is the fog! Would draw Cooch out of the woodwork which make a lot of us feel safer about possibly getting Numbnut award. North Delta???

We have never done Shasta as far as I can remember. People up for an overnighter with a poker game??

Goal is decision by Friday.
Dewayne
Scott Shambre

Only one issue Gator....

Post by Scott Shambre »

ABA has the permit for Folsom that day out of Browns Ravine. You can go out of Granite Bay with an event permit depending on how many boats show, there is a covered area near the bathrooms that can be used for all of the festivities. Add 5 or 6 pop-up canopies and we're all good. I'm there with a huge pot of new england clam chowder.

Scott Shambre
Last edited by Scott Shambre on Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brian

Re: Only one issue Gator....

Post by Brian »

If it's at Folsom I'll deep fry some Turkey's.
Brian
Colebass

Post by Colebass »

Great camping at Folsom or some Hotels in Roseville, minutes from the lake. I could host some Poker, multipal table can be put in the garage!
Dave Cole
Hardshell

Post by Hardshell »

Hey Dewayne,

It's been a few years since we had a NCC on McClure. If you want to catch a pile of "Spots with Attitudes" then come on down here the 30th of December, it will be "off the hook"!

Hardshell-Jailer
BassTraveler

Post by BassTraveler »

Dewayne,
By no means is Folsum a Dead Sea.
Lake Millerton. :x
Have Scott and Greg run the weight-in.
kb can be the MC.
With all the give aways...it is starting to sound good. :wink:

Then again there is also Lake Berryessa. :shock:
www.nixonsmarine.com
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Melones is awesone in the winter with it's growing spot population! Fog is usually not a problem either.
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Scott Shambre

Great idea Sieg...

Post by Scott Shambre »

Put it on the calender and let the planning begin!!!!

I'll check with my sponsors to see if they want to kick in some raffle goodies.

Scott Shambre
Last edited by Scott Shambre on Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill K

Re: Great idea Sieg...

Post by Bill K »

Let's go with Folsom, should be a good one.. Donations could offer a small raffel alongwith the BBQ. BIll K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
JT-Madera

Re: Great idea Sieg...

Post by JT-Madera »

Are there any motels that are boat friendly in the area..if not I would rather go to Shasta...since I will have a Stren there two weeks later...

just my 0.02
Scott Shambre

Roseville has....

Post by Scott Shambre »

has 4 boat friendly motels within 10 minutes of Granite Bay, the Best Western on Harding Blvd. was the official motel for the last West Coast Bass Classic a few years ago. There is a RV campground at Beals Point with complete hook ups and it is 5 minutes from the Granite gate. As for going out of the other side of the lake, the closest I can think of is at Hazel & Hwy 50 which is about 15 minutes from Granite Bay.

Scott Shambre
Last edited by Scott Shambre on Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
JT-Madera

Re: Roseville has....

Post by JT-Madera »

Thanks Scott :lol:
Scott Shambre

No problem JT...

Post by Scott Shambre »

I might need some heads up like that when we come south for Korny's deal.

Scott Shambre
Scott Shambre

Come out with me Bob...

Post by Scott Shambre »

and you'll see that Folsom is dynamite in the winter, heck, you may even have a tournament or two here after you get yank by a couple of our big Spot's.

Scott Shambre
sTony

Post by sTony »

As Sieg pointed out, it's really the reigning TopNut who gets to choose the location of the next Nutcase Classic. We did have one Folsom Nutcase Classic a few years back. I remember it well as do those that fished it. We got there that morning and the wind was howling like nothing you've ever seen before. It was decided that we could launch and go fishing but by the end of the first session the lake was so churned up by the constant hard driving wind that we had to cancel the second session. Boats were being tossed all over the place and I remember that once you hit the main body of the lake all you could see was water or sky. Bob Santora was TopNut that day and Nico was BigNut. We tried to find a protected area to do our potluck and I remember everyone was pretty much hovering under the trees to keep out of the wind.

I personally have no problem with fishing Folsom again. But as I said, it's really Dewayne's choice to make.

sTony
Scott Shambre

No fog that time of year.....

Post by Scott Shambre »

End of December can be a mix of things.

The three and four years ago saw sunny and mid-60's for an annual after xmas turkeyshoot I used to do. The two years ago was windy and cool (low 50's), but sunny and the fish ate really well. Last year was one of those years that come along every 4-6 years with the all of the rain & wind that blew out all of our lakes & rivers.

Dewayne, it is your choice and Folsom is a good pick with all of the available lodging for out-of-towners, the pluthera of restaurants, stores and whatnot for those last minute runs to get that "I need it yesterday" item.

Scott Shambre

KB.... i guess i will have to defend what little honor

Post by Guest »

i have left, after a smoke job like that......If i dont have a tournament to run, I will be there.....just be prepared to give all that tackle to the lowest weight in the tournament, because I'm sure I will blank.....but then again, it will be worth it just to share a Hot Link with you.

korny
MIKE TREMONT

Re: KB.... i guess i will have to defend what little honor

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Hey Tony, I don't remeber anyone asking me where I wanted to fish the last rally, may be just an oversite? I'm kind of use to it, I'm getting a nickname at work. They call me the cellophane man, I don't get it :?
I think Folsom is a great idea if you're counting votes.
I had to come back...I know...
gt5bass

Re: KB.... i guess i will have to defend what little honor

Post by gt5bass »

Mike,

The current Top Nut gets to choose the location of the next NutCase Classic (not the Western Rally and NutCase Classic as it has found its home at Clear Lake). The Summer NutCase Classic is part of the Western Rally so all you git for being the Winter NutCase Classic TopNut is the braggin' rights :wink:

Confused yet, I have been on a tear at the office and could probably go on for hours :shock:
MIKE TREMONT

Thanks Gary

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I'm begining to see it now, clear as the sky on a foggy day in November. It's alright I'm easy, you can tell me anything and I'll bite.

I'll see when I do. May be at this golf thing Gators putting together. I dusted off my sticks and starting to warm them up.
JamesH

Count me in for Folsom

Post by JamesH »

I've got beer on tap and plenty of space for poker at my house. I've heard stories about that Cole guy, not sure if I feel safe drinking at his place....
Blademan!

Re: Count me in for Folsom

Post by Blademan! »

What are the requirements for entry to this event? Fees?, team format?
Fishin' Dave

Re: Count me in for Folsom

Post by Fishin' Dave »

I claim Gator's house! Sorry bud, you can camp in the yard :lol:
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
fishwithwill

Re: Foslom as the Dead Sea

Post by fishwithwill »

Ya, Folsom Lake sucks, stay home. Dead Sea would be an understatement. Too much boat traffic, meat fishermen, small fish, and inadequate facilities. Too many unmarked obstructions and floating debris as well as high launching fees. Stay home. I'm not a sour apple, but the lake sucks. Just kidding, but not really. Can I get sued for saying this stuff? Can I still fish Folsom even though I said bad stuff about the lake...Why December? Do we want to see people struggle in a tournament? It isn't like baseball or football where we can say "wow, what a pitching duel" or "that defense really limited..." Why hold a winter event at a lake so difficult? How did last year's event go? My pro buddy and his pro buddy got skunked the day before new years...They have won multiple boats between them but couldn't manage a single fish. I know we had huge rains at New Years last year, but isnt that the case every year. I'd really be interested if it was a draw tournament where I get to fish with Graves or Scarrberry. Well, all said, if the lake isn't 5mph, I'm in.
Fat sacks,
William Wright
Bill kizer

Re: Foslom as the Dead Sea

Post by Bill kizer »

"How did last year's event go?"

It was a blast at Oroville Lake last winter.
We didn't have a slot waver, but still only, one boat that I remember got skunked the first session. :oops:
It was a real pretty fancy dancy boat if I remember right.
Can't remember the owner of it though? :wink:
Bill
Just call me Tule bender
SABP

Folsom sounds good!

Post by SABP »

The winter bite on Folsom is usually outstanding. Big fish and numbers.

Plenty of room at Granit bay.

Plenty of hotels.

If it is blowing at Folsom it is blowing everywhere else. Not the Lake's fault.

We can teach Korny how to catch them if we have to.

I'll kick in some good stuff for the raffle if it is at Folsom as well.

Re: Folsom sounds good!

Post by Guest »

Teaching me to catch them is admirable, but probalby a waist of time....everyone knows I can only catch them on a buzzbait or a frog. oh yea, and maybe a crankbait if its one of those wide open, anyone can catch them on a crankbait BITES. doesnt matter, I will take all of yoose guys up on your offer....lets see, I now have a fishing trip with KB, SABP, and Mr. FBL. not bad for a delta rat, 3 trips. by the end of december, they will be calling me a FOLSOM RAT (NOT)....looking forward to hanging out with all of you
bring on the BRAUTS, LINKS, Sausages, and Weenies.

korny
Pat

Post by Pat »

I could do that, where's the sign up sheet? I even remember how to get there...

Pat
Gator

Post by Gator »

PAT SIGHTING!!! PAT SIGHTING!!

Once our esteemed TopNut (that would be Dewayne) finally comes around and agrees that this is a great idea, we will set the date, time and open registration. Until then, stay tuned to the board for more info.

Anybody got any spots they wanna show me on Folsom. I can't believe I live like 5 minutes from house to water but haven't been out there all year!!
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I'll take you out Gator. I've never caught anything bigger than a rat out there and I have'nt been on the lake since April when I donated to the AC guys.
Let me know, I'll be starting to head out that way in the near future, but it'll be after this weekend and things calm down a little.
Dewayne

Re: OK! OK! OK!

Post by Dewayne »

Comanche it is!!

Just kidding.

I will see you all at Folsom. I guess I can always follow KB if he shows up with that slow Mercury. :)

Now I just have to figure out what to make for the potluck.
Last edited by Dewayne on Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dewayne
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

How about hamburger chocolate cheesecake
Gator

Post by Gator »

I will see you all at Folsom. I guess I cal always follow KB if he shows up with that slow Mercury.
OK kids - its official - email me about any donations for the event and I will get the registraation page up after this weekend (yes I have a life of my own, I am going to bowhunt)

Nutcase ON!!!
Gator

Post by Gator »

Hey Mike - I will take you up on that - I am hunting this weekend and am open until Sept. 21 when I have to travel for work again. Let me know when you want to go and we can take your boat or mine.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Wow, Mike. I seem to remember losing big fish honors to you at an FBL tournament this year or was that Kevin. Wait I think you both caught fish bigger than a rat this year..... If your not careful your gonna pass up Kent on the list of top Folsom Lake Bass Fisherman....Oh, wait I checked and it seems you already have.
James
Eric Thoss

Re: Could you use one of these there?

Post by Eric Thoss »

Would it help to have one of these there >>> http://www.pigroast.com/model84m.htm

I can get about 120 lbs of Tr-Tip on it in one shot.... If so I would have to come as a non-boater (all the better I never have been to Folsom anyway).. unless I could somehow mount a ball hitch to the firebox HAR!!
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Could you use one of these there?

Post by ash »

Hangs head in Shame, I guess if I want Berry for the winter I will just have to be the TopNut!

Gator I am with you I live 15 minutes from Folsom and I know that lake the least, not that I have expansive knowledge on any of these lakes, but Folsom seems to keep me VERY humble.

Well at least I wont have far to go to get warm. I will make up some Chili that will keep us warm fo sho.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/