The decision is.....

CORYMDISPENSIERO

The decision is.....

Post by CORYMDISPENSIERO »

Still not in however to the individuals that have commented on the situation in regards to the Havasu event thank you for your veiws regardless of you stance on the subjest. I am patiently awaiting the outcome as well!

As a person w/ character, sportsmanship and belief that words and comments can actually damage a persons life I do believe the following views are in line w/ common good people. Beyond this mess/Havasu Classic I would hope anybody who chooses to make judgement on an issue prior to knowing the facts reconsider. For those that through out a name and make stern statements in regards to sportsmanship, charcter and ethics should check there own person. In fact after you are done reading this posting I would go look in the mirror and tell yourself your wrong by your own action, then slap yourself like the gossip queen you have become. A argument is fine however when you base your argument and make claims based on possibilities and not fact think about next time generalizing your statements. Maybe give an argument for both sides of a situation w/out using the involved persons name or at don‘t make direct statements as if you are the truth itself. If only a prize was at stake I could maybe understand but it is much larger and peoples lives, dreams and reputations are involved here. Now slap yourself again for good measures and tell yourself I am a gossip queen and then superglue your lips and finger tips together so you don‘t type before thinking again.

Now here are some general issues that would constitute a argument.

Sportsmanship
- Is sportsmanship being practiced if a individual or team protest in only a attempt to gain significantly and through fact shown when a prize was not involved they had no objections to a questionable ruling or violation in place? (This goes for 2nd through last place)
-If a person files a protest after the amount of designated time allowed to file protest should that be a broken rule? Furthermore if you were doing so only to gain prize without thought of another competitors hard work and dedication would that itself be unsportsmanlike?
-If an exception by an Organization in regards to filing protest can be made is it are right as anglers to go back and review results in that Organization and then possibly file protest no mater when a tournament was fished. Furthermore is an exception possible w/ a rule?
Chatterbait

Re: The decision is.....

Post by Chatterbait »

Cory, since we are on the subject of rules, you tell me how you qualified for the TOC according to the National Bass rules. You didn't. Therefore, you shouldn't have even been there. IT"S THAT SIMPLE. Therefore, the blame needs to go somewhere. Either you tried to sneak by or National Bass is to blame. What really happened? By the way did Joe Woody, the guy who fished with you on day 2 of the TOC, even fish a tournament with you? In other words, was he there in person for the 1 event he supposedly fished. Inquiring minds NEED to know.
CORYMDISPENSIERO

Post by CORYMDISPENSIERO »

I agree we all need to know. I am not saying anything else at this time on this event until the ruling is made other then I did absolutely nothing wrong and communicated every single detail in question multiple times. Period!!!!

If breaking a rule is in play that I have not seen exception to change before it would be that of filling a protest days later. I did nothing wrong nor did Ibreak a rule.. Period!!!!!!!!!! It's that simple!!!!
BigJeff

Post by BigJeff »

This whole situation is a mess man. No one can take away from the fish you caught during the tournament. The main question is, Were you eligible to fish the event and were you eligible to fish the event with the partner you fished it with?

I'm not involved and have nothing to gain by doing so, but to answer your questions: (you did ask them)

1. You are only going to see a protest if there is a blatant attempt at cheating (cages, snagging, etc) or if someone has a chance to improve on their standings based on a questionable act during the tournament or with the rules.

2. As an observer, this scenario that played out at Havasu wasn't discovered until after the fact.

3. I would give more respect to an organization for righting a wrong even if it is after the fact, than rewarding a wrong.

Saying that, I don't know the facts about the NBW TOC.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If you had enough faith and trust in a tournament organization to fish their tournament, then I would think you would have enough faith and trust to let them sort it out, and then abide by their decision.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
more_mess

Post by more_mess »

The courts will decide who wins this matter.
Last edited by more_mess on Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sTony

Post by sTony »

More mess,

Please don't use alias's when posting in here. If you're going to post something that requires you not to use you normal ID then that's likely reason enough not to make the post at all.

sTony
more_mess

Post by more_mess »

sTony you have a P/M

Dennis
sTony

This post is locked...

Post by sTony »

Please refrain from further discussion of this subject on this forum. If you have questions please take them to the officials involved.

Thanks for your patience and consideration,

sTony