Dec. 2nd Team Open @ McClure Info.....

JRS

Post by JRS »

Check-in and sign-ups will start between 5:00-5:30 at the North parking area at Barretts. After you check in, find one of the boat check people that will be around to get your livewell and boat check. Have your weigh slip signed then please put in at the "south ramp" and idle back over to the marina for blast-off. Safe light as stated by the Modesto Bee should be around 7:00am. The reason we're having you put in at the south ramp is so that after weigh-in you'll have to go outside the five to release your fish. We will have a boat at the five for check-in at the end of the day, and also a boat just outside the five to fizz fish that are released should they need it. Awards and raffle will be in the North parking lot. If it's raining then sign-ups and awards will be down at the covered docks at the marina. Any other questions? Just call (209)581-1345 John PS... we have the slot exemption, and you will all get a copy that morning. Thanks
JRS

Re: Dec. 2nd Team Open @ McClure Info.....*NM*

Post by JRS »

*NM*
JRS

Re: Dec. 2nd Team Open @ McClure Info.....

Post by JRS »

For those of you signing up at the lake, please try to bring exact change. It should help speed up the sign-up process. Remember, cash only at the lake! Thanks
Norv

Post by Norv »

ESOX Rods, Fishin' Magician Tackle Co., Put a Sock on It and Toad Thumper Bass Jigs will have a booth at the tournament.

ESOX Rods manufactures light, sensitive and well balanced rods that are reported to cast up to 20% further than their competitors. They offer an outstanding pro staff program. Their web site is www.esoxfishingrods.com.

Fishin' Magician Tackle Company offers the Voo-Doo Bait. The Voo-Doo is the hottest new bait on the water. Their web site is www.fishinmagiciantackle.com.

Put a Sock on It provides rod protectors and lure keepers that protect your rods, lures and boat upholstery. The rod protectors and lure keepers come in many sizes to fit your different rods and lures. Their web site is www.putasockonit.biz.

Toad Thumper Bass Jigs manufactures a wide variety of high quality jigs for the tournament and recreational angler. The jigs are made with Mustad and Gamakatsu hooks. They can be reached at toadthumperbassjigs@junco.com.

Each of these companies is donating discount certificates or products for the tournament raffle.

Please stop by the booth and check out the fantastic products offered by these companies.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
JRS

Post by JRS »

anyone want to share a fishing report on McClure? I haven't been able to get out for a while. Last time I was out(2 weeks ago) I got bit on everything I threw, is it still wide open? What kind of weight will it take to make the top five?
Scott D.

Post by Scott D. »

Hula Poppers down by the damn, and carolina rigging a 14 inch swimbait in the tuna pattern!!!!!!! Hee Hee.
Navy Chief proudly serving to protect this great nation. God Bless America
Wally

McClure Report

Post by Wally »

Howdy John, went there today and it was colder than a witches teet. Saw cars sliding all over the roads so be carefull guys. I had to use my spinning reels so I could cast. Couldn't push the bait casters button down and control the spool, LoL. The bite for me sucked. Spent alot of time looking for bait and fish though. Threw alot of reaction baits without a single bite the first few hours. I only had around 8 lbs for the 5. I think the post storm, high pressure, had alot to do with it though. Should be better by Saturday with the weather forcast saying warmer through the week and in the 60's by the weekend. Anything over 11 lbs will be a good weight.
gofish, Wally
Johnny C

Re: McClure Report

Post by Johnny C »

Wally you have to start watchin the weather..It was bruttle this morning..No sand on the roads either. Colder tonight, water frozen in my truck bed at 5:30 pm..Take it easy out there buddy
http://www.dobynsrods.com
JRS

Re: McClure Report

Post by JRS »

Thanks Wally. Will You be fishing the tourney on Saturday?
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

john I was up checking it out had a little over 12. caught them everywhere, Vince was supposed to sign us up. see you up there :D
Wally

Post by Wally »

I haven't decided if i'm going to fish it or not John. My partner can't make it so if I do it will probably be by myself unless I find some one else to fish it with.

Ya Johnny, I was going to go tomorrow but looked at the weather report, good idea buddy, lol, and deciced to stay home. The older I get the less I can handle the cold. Plus I have lost about 50 lbs of my insulating fat, :lol:
gofish, Wally
JRS

Post by JRS »

Wally, I think Phil from jigs tackle might be looking for someone to fish with.
Phil

Post by Phil »

THANKS JOHN FOR SENDING WALLY BY THE STORE TO TALK TO ME......I AM LIKE WALLEY THE COLD BURRRRRRRR !! JUST IS NOT APPITIZING (SPELL CHECK )!! TO ME EITHER. AND WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO FISH IN IT LIKE A MUST FISH PRO-AM ETC, WELL ITS JUST TO COLD. MUST BE THE AGE. IF I DO NOT FISH, I WILL SEE YOU ALL AT WEIGH IN FOR SURE....

THANKS AGAIN...................SORRY FOR THE CAPS PEOPLE !!

JIGS