berryessa

fishhook

berryessa

Post by fishhook »

I was thinking of making a trip to berryesa on saterday. i was wondering about how to get there from yuba city, what boat ramp to put in at. i dont know were to fish on this lake, i lke to drag jigs, drop shot, maybe throw a swim bait, if anyone has some info they would share that would be great
skandy

Re: berryessa

Post by skandy »

I fished the lake last week and stayed in the narrows. A lot of rock areas and steep banks. Great for a dropshot. Work the points down to about 40'. Good luck. You can launch from Markey Cove down by the dam for a fee or treck around to Capel Cove for free.
g

Post by g »

You could go across 20 to 5. 5 to 505 to winters, turn rt. follow that to the lake. The first ramp is Markley, it will cost about 10.
markscolwell

Post by markscolwell »

I fished Berry last week, very cold starting out the day!!! My goal was to learn some new electronics and throw a swimbait. So that's all I did, I found fish in 22-25' of water with structure. I only fished 4 hours, hooked two fish all day. Both quality 5lbs range. I bet I could of caught a few more if I threw something else, they seemed pretty stacked.
O yea, I used the free ramp and went to the entrance of the narrows, stayed there the whole time. Good luck!!
Whether in the military or in life, Service is the price for living!
bassdude28

Post by bassdude28 »

I was out there today fishing the Fed tourny and I stayed in the narrows all day. I had an early limit and had a lot of bites and lost about 6 close to the boat but still culled a few. Mostly spots and smallies. Had one LM. used a c-rig with a watermelon sweet beaver all day. I used a dropshot twice when I saw fish on the graph below the boat but they didn't want it. Other than that they were all over the c-rig. Anything green or brown colored.

My partner was throwing a dart head and grn pumpkin jig. He tried drop shot too but no luck. Cast in 20-40 ft of water and when the sun comes up hit the pockets of shade near submerged wood. That held the bigger fish.

Hope this helps.
Good luck

Fish Hard
T
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

Directions from Live Oak. Get a map and see if these make sence to you. Going across Hwy 20 is the least confusing but this is much quicker.
Hwy 99 south to 113
113 south to Knights landing, stay on 113 after Knight Ldg then get on county road 13 towards Zamora. (After you go through Knights ldg, 113 makes a right turn, after several miles 113 makes a left, that's where you pick up county road 13).
Go west on 13, you'll cross I-5, then go south on 505 towards Winters.
Take the winters exit the road goes stright to Berryessa.
Just call me Tule bender
fishhook

Post by fishhook »

thanks for the info, ill post how i do
Tornado Dave

Post by Tornado Dave »

On new years day, I was helping some buddies prefish for the Devil mountain bassmasters club tournament (www.dmbass.com) coming up on the 20th.

It as a tough bite but the key was secondary points draging worms. I think we got just a few drop shot fish and a few on a football head hula grub.

Have some fun.

Dave
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Fishook - drap the jig around...that's been working. all the usual winter tactics will catch fish right now - darter head, dropshot, jigs, etc. The only thing that I can't get working is a spoon. Other than that I've been catching good numbers with some nice fish mixed in with all the 2lb clones. Points whether on the main lake or the narrows have all been producing.

Good luck

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films