Read it or not....

Lance

Re: Read it or not....

Post by Lance »

HEY BONES how ya been
Friendship is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
Mike T

Post by Mike T »

Man I'm glad I'm not a "PRO"!

You know there are a lot of top notch people that are are true professionals and read here from time to time and won't contribute to all the blabber that sometimes goes on here.

To me that silence speaks volumes.

Fishing should be fun-PERIOD!

Just my humble opinion.
fishsmith

Post by fishsmith »

Hey Bones i am a relative newbe and your responses to some of the posts here are one of the reasons i went from lurker to poster. Thanks for being honest and sharing your knowledge!
basstamer

Amen Bro!

Post by basstamer »

I guess I have a different idea of a "Pro" than some on here....a difference of opinions I suppose. We all pretty much have names come to mind when reading your post!As per usual you not only hit the nail on the head but you drove it home! I have fished with some guys that even fun fishing its a business-I can't imagine how much "fun" fishing is to someone like that.....I know it ruins the day for me even being around someone like that. I have nothing against any Pros or even anyone that says they are a Pro-wish I could do it BUT to me a Pro is defined by his actions and his ability to rip lips not flap them. As far as Irvin-Yep your right....and in my opinion same with Dejon Sanders-if he was as good as he thought he was-WOW! Now look at Emmitt-quiet,polite,calm and AWESOME-thats a PRO! Its good to see/hear you on here again and I too aplaud your cander and honesty! You damn well better'd be ready and available that last week of March at our favorite lake! tighties my friend
Scott
basscat

Post by basscat »

Bones, I have not always agreed with your posts, but I have always respected your true spoken attitude. I could not agree more about this one though. well put.
Jim Conlow Sr.

One thing to consider

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

Something to consider is that the pros in football, baseball and some other sports are those guys who are hired and paid a salery to play at their sport.
The guys who call themselves pros in bass fishing dont really have to qualify in any manner except to have the boat, some tackle and the entry fee.
As a result of this We have quite a few guys in the tournaments who have a good chance of getting a check and some others who dont stand much of a chance.
The problem is that if you dont have enough entries the size of the winnings is reduced. It gets pretty rapidly to the point where their is not a prize boat and then the number of participating pros gets fewer and you start a downhill slide.
So what we have to look at is if it were not for the wannabe pros who are throwing in their entry fees, there probably would not be enough of the real pros participating, and therefor the Ams would not have the chance to draw guys like Dobbins, Rush, Barrack, Sapp, Robert Lee, Dee Thomas and many others too numerous to mention. The wanabe pros are a necessary evil if we are to keep having tournaments.
Its truly about the luck of the draw, for both the Pros and the Ams.
I have gone back to fishing from the back seat after a couple of years as a wanabe pro. I cant take the time away from my business to get in the needed practice. And I miss fishing with all of the great Pros that I fished with when I was fishing as an Am.
[i][b]Ride With a [size=200]Legend[/size][/b][/i]
www.legendmarine.com
www.mercurymarine.com
www.inland-marine.com
[img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/legend.jpg[/img]