Wacky Jig, The NEW Finesse Rig?

LV Ba$$

Wacky Jig, The NEW Finesse Rig?

Post by LV Ba$$ »

OK, Im in some type of inquisitive mood.....

Im sure everyone who subscribes to WON has by now seen the article on Wacky Jigging. Ive heard a little about it before the article went to print but now my curiosity got the better of me. So my question to my green and brown fish chasin' brothern is....

Will this become another tried and true method to add to the arsenal?

Do you think you really need the specialty jig heads and worms for this method to work at peak performance.

I was gonna start with the lightest darthead I have and a Slim Sekno...dont see why this wouldnt be something "different" for the fish? -David Zachgo

Re: Wacky Jig, The NEW Finesse Rig?

Post by Guest »

We have an article on this coming out as well... It is definitely a tried and true method and works well.

I first heard of it from Adam Koda several years back - and I thought he was off his rocker. However, since then I have heard more and more about it... and have recently started getting rigged up to give it a try! I just can't put the frog and basstrix down long enough to get it wet!
A Koda

Post by A Koda »

Thanks Tom, I heard about it from some of the Japanese pro's I know about 3 years agoand have taught it to about 7 or 8 guys. Since it has been responsible for alot of top 3 finishes for the guys I taught it to. We have just been keeping it real quite.
www.optimumbaits.com
www.ownerhooks.com
www.maxima-lines.com
www.depsweb.co.jp
www.aaworms.com
www.tritonboats.com
www.evinrude.com
www.hummingbird.com
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

Adam you sligh dog you. I found out about it 8 months ago but have not been able to practice it much yet. I will be trying it more though.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
big_gorilla

Post by big_gorilla »

For the record I am one of the guys Adam has taught. It does work real well. I definitely have my supply of jig heads. It does work with many baits.

Tom I have the new issue sitting on my desk and Jarret Edwards wrote about it and I know Adam is the guy who gave him the jig heads.

Great issue by the way.

If you try it you will love it.

I even caught some 7 and 8 pound fish with it at Clear Lake.
First one in the box settles the nerves!
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

It seems like all of us "KNEW" about it for a little while but we just didnt "TRY" it.

Its funny how these new rigging methods and techniques are undercover until people have enough sucess on them that they just have to tell someone. Eventually BPS will have thier own line of wacky jig heads. :roll:
A Koda

Post by A Koda »

Yeah, the original company to make the jig heads for it was Zappu.
I have been getting the heads for this for about 2 years. First fish I caught on it was a 6# at Casitas in a night tournament. Tom was there.

The actual technique came from Korea to Japan when a couple of pros went back there and brought it back to Japan.
Alot of the companies call it Inch Wacky.
www.optimumbaits.com
www.ownerhooks.com
www.maxima-lines.com
www.depsweb.co.jp
www.aaworms.com
www.tritonboats.com
www.evinrude.com
www.hummingbird.com
A Koda

Re: Wacky Jig, The NEW Finesse Rig?*NM*

Post by A Koda »

*NM*
Last edited by A Koda on Fri May 25, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.optimumbaits.com
www.ownerhooks.com
www.maxima-lines.com
www.depsweb.co.jp
www.aaworms.com
www.tritonboats.com
www.evinrude.com
www.hummingbird.com
A Koda

Post by A Koda »

Just so you know Ray there was a 10.2 caught at Pyramid 2 weeks before the top stick on it.
www.optimumbaits.com
www.ownerhooks.com
www.maxima-lines.com
www.depsweb.co.jp
www.aaworms.com
www.tritonboats.com
www.evinrude.com
www.hummingbird.com
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

Let me tell ya, the more and more I look at it and think of how it works the more and more I want to buy some stuff direct from JAPAN!

Id probably go bananas and use 3lb with a 3/32!!! If light is good lighter is better!
A Koda

Post by A Koda »

LV, 6# and the jig heads are at Tackle Warehouse. They are being imported by Optimum for the last 2 years and TW has them. Just call them they don't have them on the web site(Yet). The hooks on the Zappu heads are really strong. There is a couple other companies making them but the hook on the Zappu doesn't bend or open up. I have been using them in your next of the woods (Mead, Mojave, & Havasu) and they are great. Took 7th at one of Vern Price's tournaments at Mojave last year with no pre fish. Had not fished the lake in 6 years and ended up with a decent limit.
www.optimumbaits.com
www.ownerhooks.com
www.maxima-lines.com
www.depsweb.co.jp
www.aaworms.com
www.tritonboats.com
www.evinrude.com
www.hummingbird.com
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

You have a PM

Post by Guest »

We also have them at BassTackleDepot.com... Just got my first batch of them on Wednesday. I believe they are from Optimum.

I wanted you to have the credit Adam... I know I heard it form you years before I heard it from anyone else.

Also congrats on the points lead for Top Stick!

Hey Adam - Can you give Matt or Tony a headsup on the thread northern board. Maybe they can contact the guys having the issues and get them taken care of. I will email Matt today as well.

Good fishing.
JeffJ

Post by JeffJ »

What size hook or weight weight is the most used for fishing 0-15ft?
kazk

Post by kazk »

Jeff

The best all around size is the 3/32 oz.
Angler's Marine has them on the shelf .
Ask Will Rakowitz and he can point them out.
The other size is the 1/8 oz. I use them with the 6 and 7" senko's doen to 30 feet.

Chris Koda
gcopple

Post by gcopple »

i took a look at them and they look like the rig i have been using for years. i would take a weedless kahle hook, thats what i wacky rig with, and when the wind would blow and make it hard to keep the bow out of my line i would clamp a split shot to the shank of my hook. i guess i will need to try this out when it is calm outside also.

george
big_gorilla

Post by big_gorilla »

For those of you new to it. You can also throw it on heavier line like 10 and 12.

I use it on both light line and heavy line. Spinning or casting!

We did keep it hush hush for quite a while but like all good things it eventually makes it out to everyone.

Adam made me keep it to myself. ha ha Because of Adam I have my own supply. lol
DeltaBound

Post by DeltaBound »

12LB. :shock: ? How do you get it through the eye of the jig?
A Koda

Post by A Koda »

Very carefully,

Thanks Tom. I appreciate it. I also Sent the email to Matt already.
www.optimumbaits.com
www.ownerhooks.com
www.maxima-lines.com
www.depsweb.co.jp
www.aaworms.com
www.tritonboats.com
www.evinrude.com
www.hummingbird.com
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

**Double post in error**
Last edited by Rod Wynn on Fri May 25, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

I just want to know, what makes this so impressive/different than the Shakey Head rig?

Is it the "Wacky" style rig that sets it apart..?
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
DanWarme

Post by DanWarme »

We also have them at www.bassitudes.com.
the brand we have is Odz and they are a bit smaller.

1/16, 1/32, and 1/48 oz. Available in Red or Black. $5 a pak.
http://www.bassitudes.com/SearchResult. ... yWords=odz

Haven't played much with it myself yet. Work keeps cuttin into my fishin time. Was spankin them at Casitas though last time I was there. :)
DW

Host Bazz Clazz Videos

http://www.bazzclazz.com

All other things being equal, I'd rather be catchin' than fishin'
kazk

Post by kazk »

It works really well in a riprap situation and doesn't hang up like a shakey head rig would or does. Don't get me wrong both have completely different applications. The jighead wacky technique will get you more hits on the sink than the shakey head. The hook to land ratio is higher also because of the exposed hook

Chris KOda
Scoot549

Post by Scoot549 »

Does anyone have a picture of this and if so can they post or pm it to me.
Brian D.

Here is some info

Post by Brian D. »

that might help...

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/tour ... ngler-day3

From Bassfan.com
-------------------------------------------------
Flick Shake win 3/16/2007

Derek Remitz is still basking in the spotlight of his jig-pattern win at the Amistad Bassmaster Elite Series, but don't overlook the co-angler who won his respective division. BassFans know him – if not by name, then by bait.

The Amistad co-angler winner was none other than master Japanese lure designer Seiji Kato, who weighed 13 fish for 48-08. Kato's hands were all over some of the hottest, most innovative baits in history, including the original Team Daiwa TD Minnow and TD Vibration. He then worked with Lucky Craft to develop the Staysee, Moonsault, Bevy Shad, CB, LV and more, and was instrumental in the launch of Lucky Craft USA. He then left Lucky Craft to form his own tackle company, which we know today as Lake Police and Jackall.

At Amistad, Kato didn't throw a big bait, or a crank, or a big plastic. Instead, he primarily threw a new Jackall finesse bait called the Flick Shake. He also caught a few key fish on a Jackall Squad Minnow 95 jerkbait. Since Kato speaks limited English, BassFan turned to his business partner, Elite Series pro Kota Kiriyama, for some winning pattern details.

"The Flick Shake is a new plastic worm made by Jackall that's 4.8 inches long and has a bent shape," Kiriyama said. "He used a tiny 1/64-ounce jighead and threw it with 7-pound line and let it sink all the way to bottom. He would get the bite before the bait got to bottom.

"He said fish were tired of seeing the same jigs and worms every day, so he tried a super-finesse technique," Kiriyama added. "I believe this technique will be popular in the U.S. very soon. I've been using the Flick Shake in the smallmouth lakes and it works wonderful."
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

I have been one of the fortunate one's to have heard and learned this technique from the Koda's. I have been fishing it for over a year and have caught many fish when my partner isn't making it happen. My largest to date is a 5.5 lber that took big fish at Casitas during a club tourney.

During the 2006 US Open, I put fish in the boat for 2 of my pro's with this technique....IT WORKS provided you fish it slowly and pay attention.

It works ok with the wind and you can "feel the bite" if you fish with a Rogue Rod, especially with the Rogue Grip :).

Scott

www.roguerods.com
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

This thread should be deleted at once and you guys should all keep them mouths and fingers shut and stop typing. lol. this is a tecnique we use over here and many japanese don't want it known. oh well, with bass west running print on it, i guess the cats out, guess we will have to keep our other little secrets more quiet!

Now dont go running and telling your entire club about them jig heads, use it to your advantage....grrrrrrr
big_gorilla

Post by big_gorilla »

Hollywood some of us have been doing this for a couple of years and kept it quiet for as long as possible. Just like all good things they make it out to everyone.

We know some of your other little secrets but we will keep them quiet. Especially since I have a friend coming back from Japan soon with some goodies.
JimmyReese

Post by JimmyReese »

Finally something new?????????

How do you guys think I actually caught those fish on the delta????

SHHHHHHHHH..............................! 8) 8) 8)
Hollywood you are smarter than you look! :lol: :lol: Hey Phua Lets go play golf! You have a wicked swing! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

JR
350V RGR

Post by 350V RGR »

Cool thanks,

I think its only fair, Once the cat gets let out of the bag and you jump all over it, just to give a thumbs up :D :D
Will Mathers (the Beav)
1/75th Rangers 84-87
Iraq 03-04 88M
Z21 DC All American package
250 V Max HPDI
Swing on a tap to set!!!
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Jimmy, why encourage them, maybe they would forget about it. lol.... I fish a lake and river system here that is eactly like the delta, has tide but the movement is only a foot. Same structure, looks and fishes the same, them little jigs whack them! Ive known you been using them for a long time now as well as the others who are using them but wont name any names. Matter of fact the Jackall office which does much work for that weight company is 3 minutes from my house.... :-)

Just wait to you see some of the new baits coming out from here and how we fish them! i hope you never find out about them!

Big- Gorilla, you have no idea buddy. There are so many baits that are not out to the public that are just destroying them. If you only knew the way we were pitching and flipping to heavy cover these days, and dont go reading your basser unless you want to see my ugly mug in it this month cause this new tecnique aint in it! ha ha....

Kevin
JimmyReese wrote:Finally something new?????????

How do you guys think I actually caught those fish on the delta????

SHHHHHHHHH..............................! 8) 8) 8)
Hollywood you are smarter than you look! :lol: :lol: Hey Phua Lets go play golf! You have a wicked swing! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

JR
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

Thanks to all who have pm me and posted what they thought about this rig...let me just say,

First cast with this rig and I get one! I turned to my partner and asked I wonder how much you should shake this? I pick up the slack and feel nothing but mushy pressure. Hmmm? Set the hook and my first keeper on the jig head wacky. Pretty cool. I cant wait to get dialed in with all the overseas components!

Again, thanks for all of your imput!
-David Zachgo
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Not gonna happen David, were making it illegal to export all japanese fishing tackle now! ha ha
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

With the prices Im paying, it should be illegal!

Live it up over there, I wish I had some classified clearance like you!
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

When I come home in 3 weeks, I plan to do a bit of fishing up in the north with some friends. I am sure my box will be raided so I will have to think twice about what I bring... lol
Chris N

Post by Chris N »

works at McClure, fished it on 4 lb. Sunline, with the Yamamoto 4" cut tail worm- seems like it creates the natural fall of a senko if you ask me- both ends wagging as it sinks or you shake it- they eat it on the sink like a senko