tungsten??

tim mc nicholas

tungsten??

Post by tim mc nicholas »

Which brand and why? Thanks tim
brambo0311

Re: tungsten??

Post by brambo0311 »

Tru tungsten. Tungsten in its form is a powder and doesnt melt untill about 6000 degrees. Therefore it is mixed with a base, like alloy or plastic to form. Tru tungston has the highest rate of pure tungsten in it I have found. But I only use it for punching mats, and sometimes for a carolina rig but a larger lead weight wont slip into as much hang ups. The tungsten makes different noise on the bottom, maby good, maby bad. Eventually some EPA thing will probably say no more lead, but until then I will save the cash and use lead for everything I can.
LL
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

Penetrator and Tru tungstun are both top of the line........ buy whichever you get the best price on at the time. both have a very durable slippery coating and neither use an insert...

I've used some of the other brands (bass pro and excalibur) and there OK too... and usually half the price or less,,,, but I don't like the insert deal and most of the others are plain silver in color (which I don't like) and a little larger size for the same weight. I keep a few of the cheaper ones around painted black with nail polish for back seaters....... I'm too cheap to hand over a $6 weight :lol:
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

Tru-Tungsten all the way.
The offer a wide selection of duraseal colors and their weights are definitely the smallest of all the tungsten sinkers on the market.

Yeah, your gonna pay the top dollar price for them, but they are definitely worth it.
Also, the whole "environmentally friendly"....Well, yes cause it is not lead, but the produciton process is pretty bad pollution (high hydrocarbon emmissions!!)

got to take somrt of a "not in my backyard" sort of mindset as to overall environmental impact.

BassManDan
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776