Not fishing related, but any help would be nice..

straitline

Not fishing related, but any help would be nice..

Post by straitline »

This is from some of the best peaple I know.. We are buying alot but some outside help would be appriciated...Thank you in advance, Johnny
As all of you know Lil Raymond has been placed in the Regional Youth services (RYS) group home program located in Stockton since late last November. Raymond has had a very bumpy road and unfortunately we have had to implement a 30 day no contact phase for his recovery. We have tried every approach to get him the help he needs but as the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water you can't make him drink". This is the only thing we have not tried, the tough Love scenario. We are basically using the Baby tree method, We have given him water and food and a safe learning environment Now for the next 30 days it's up to him to see if he wants to grow. Keep your fingers crossed, "PLEASE"!

Now I'm asking all of you for a little help. During Raymond's stay I've become very involved not only in Raymond's case but the other boys as well, I've attended several staff meetings and family inclusion meetings, I am the only parent advocate these kids have So I'm doing what I do best turning My sadness into positive energy and becoming involved. In the RYS program in Stockton the children live on what is called "Court". On court there are 5 houses in which 42 children reside at this time from the ages of 14 to 18 years old, of these 42 children approximately 90% to 95% don't have any family involved in their lives or recovery and the families that are involved are very limited. There are quite a few boys with the same medical issues as Raymond but there are also a few whom are there due to the fact of an unstable home life which lead them down a path to bad choices. Most of these boys just need to know that there really are people in the outside world that do care and are there to help.

So as their parent advocate I'm stepping in to help plan an Easter like these boys have never seen before!!! I'm asking for any type of donation possible. As I mentioned there are 42 children on court so we need 42 baskets, 42 chocolate bunnies, grass for 42 baskets, and of course all the miscellaneous fun stuff; jelly beans, plastic eggs, candy, and what ever else you liked in your basket as a kid. Cash donations would be greatly appreciated as well but, I know I like to have the enjoyment of shopping for people Myself. There is already a volunteer within RYS that has borrowed a Bunny costume from Mr. A.G. Spanos and will be visiting and taking pictures with the kids. Now it's up to us to get the fun stuff!!!!

On Friday evening the 21st I want to get together here at my house as many kids as possible to have some Easter egg coloring fun!!! I'm going to purchase a large amount of eggs and have set up and ready a monster egg coloring frenzy of colors for the kids to get involved and be apart of this. On Saturday the 22ND (the day before Easter) We'll deliver all the wonderful presents so while the kids sleep Sunday morning the staff can secretly set up individual basket and egg hunts in the individual houses and get ready for a huge egg hunt to be held outside for all the kids to enjoy together.

The only reason I'm asking for all of you to help is because all of you have been there through thick and thin with our family through many, many challanges not just with Raymond but Caiti as well and so far all of you have always been there for us in so many ways, weather moral support, financial help, advice, prayers, and even just a hug when we needed it!! So now I want to harrness all the positives that you our family and friends all have givin us over the years and pass it on to 42 strangers, 42 strangers that hopefully will remember the gift and love of a stranger for many years to come.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. It means the world to us just knowing you took the time to read this novel I've written. You can email or call Me and let Me know the gift you'd like to give so I can keep track of what we need so no one is left out.

Thanks again, We Love you all,

Ray and Bobbi Jo White

raynbobbijo@sbcglobal.net

home 209-545-1619

cell 209-534-5504
[url=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/gorillasstyle/154.jpg][img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/gorillasstyle/th_154.jpg[/img][/url]
Calistar

Re: Not fishing related, but any help would be nice..

Post by Calistar »

Johnny,
This is a good thing that you are doing. There are a lot of kids out there that aren't as fortunate as our own. They don't have families and a support system -- other than the people who help out. They need good and strong role models. Its not too late for these kids.

I'd be glad to donate some easter goodies and I'm sure there are many others here on the forum who would like to do the same. Guys, we have the opportunity to make Easter very special for these youngsters.

Johnny, I'll be contacting Ray and Bobbi Jo. at the Email address you provided. Thanks for letting us know about this project.

Greg H.
straitline

Re: Not fishing related, but any help would be nice..

Post by straitline »

Thank you Greg Maybe that Double D will come in return!!!
[url=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/gorillasstyle/154.jpg][img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/gorillasstyle/th_154.jpg[/img][/url]