SPIKE IT COLOR C-LECTOR

GEORGE D.

SPIKE IT COLOR C-LECTOR

Post by GEORGE D. »

has anyone ever use this product i see roland always using it just wondering thanks george
hunterdave

Re: SPIKE IT COLOR C-LECTOR

Post by hunterdave »

I use it. Seems to work just fine. Just be carefull and don't spill the garlic scented dip.... :wink:
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

I've seen it used on shows. What exactly is it measuring to come up with the proper color? Water clarity?
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

Georgie,

Product works great, go to your local Walmart store and buy what you can find.

Thats what I was using at Cooch's house for them cats.
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

That thing is back?! Saw it in the BPS catalog, kind of surprised.
It first came out back in 1987 or something like that, and then one one could tell whether it was just a gimmick or not, still seems to be one of those "magic" fishing tools that has no rhyme nor reason.

How long is the cord on it, i.e. could you probe down to 30 ft when you're football jiggin and stuff like that. Does it take into consideration temperature or ambient lighting (what reading would you get if you dunked the probe on the shadyside of your boat as opposed to the sunny side? Too many variables that are left up to random chance :?

Seems kinda like the BSX but even more unpredictable.

BassManDan
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
RogerB

Post by RogerB »

Its purpose is to measure the variables of water clarity and light penetration to yield the color(s) most visible to the fish under those particular conditions (based on a lot of research on bass vision done by the device's co-inventor, Dr. Loren Hill)

Example: After fishing at Lake Casitas for an hour or so with shad-finish crankbaits and white spinnerbaits and getting no strikes, I used the Color C-Lector (original analog version) to measure the light condition + clarity for a depth of 6 feet. It said the most visible color at that time was orange. My son put on a spinnerbait with brown and orange skirt and caught a 2 lb bass on the first cast in the same area where we had been using the other lures.
Does it work every time like that? No, but I have repeated that scenario enough other times to now consider the device a useful tool to check, just like I do with the temperature gauge.
Please practice CPR (catch, photo, and release)
...RogerB