Coeur D'Alene

daiwafan25

Coeur D'Alene

Post by daiwafan25 »

Headed out to visit your beautiful state in about a week and a half. Going to be staying a week in Coeur DAlene area. Any info on the bassin in the lake? Structure, docks, places to eat etc? I grew up fishin out east and now am in Colorado so I have no idea what I am going to run into in Idaho.

Thanks so much!
07 Avalance
2008 20I
Team Daiwa
RMR Industries
Ferguson-Keller
oakie joe

Re: Coeur D'Alene

Post by oakie joe »

i will be there next in two weeks for the federation nation western divisionals. are you going to be there? info will be tough to come by because of this, but all i can say is the big fish are starting to move up :D :D
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Remember 3 lbs in Idaho is => 8 lbs in CA.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
oakie joe

Post by oakie joe »

it is not that big of a difference. i used to live in california and coeur D'Alene fishes as well or close to many of the northern california lakes. 20 lb limits happen in every tourny.
BassCatPuma

Post by BassCatPuma »

It took 27# to win there last Saturday and 31# to win there last Sunday. So I think you are off base Greg. and the water temp was in the 40's
www.basscat.com
www.mossdale-boats.com
www.purefishing.com
www.nosweatmist.com
www.rodwraps.com
leachman90

Post by leachman90 »

Coeur D'Alene is made up of several different areas to fish so you will have your pick of smallies or largies.Just remember to leave the largies where you catch them,their kinda strict on that up there.Have fun.GB...Jim
www.insideline.net/index.php/forum
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

BassCatPuma wrote:It took 27# to win there last Saturday and 31# to win there last Sunday. So I think you are off base Greg. and the water temp was in the 40's
No kidding. I've never heard of a northern lake yielding that much weight. I thought weights so close to Canada would be similar to the midwest. Would you mind telling me where you got that information?

Here's what I found:

The Largemouth Bass, bucketmouth, hawg, bigmouth and black bass to name a few, was introduced to Idaho in the late 1800’s. These predominately lake and pond dwelling fish are located throughout Idaho and prefer warmer waters with extensive weed beds, tules, Lilly pads and other types of cover. They can be found in every region of Idaho but are primarily located in the Northern and South Western regions in major reservoirs and lower elevation lakes and ponds. Of the warmwater game fish the Largemouth bass is certainly the most highly sought after by anglers throughout the United States. The Idaho state record is 10 pounds 15 ounces, caught in Anderson Lake, a chain of lakes on the Coeur d’ Alene River.

11 lbs is a behemoth in any northern lake as the waters are to cold to support the Florida strain.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
daiwafan25

Post by daiwafan25 »

That is what I have heard of CDA also that there are huge largie sacks that come from there. I was just wonderin water temps and conditions last I saw looked like it had potential to be extremely high and flooded since the mountains still had a huge base. The rains this week I am sure wont help that situation.

Good to hear there are some good bags comin out but deep fishin isnt my cup of tea but I can adapt. Thanks for the info and any more would be appreciate. I was hopin for water skirtin the 50s and a decent flippin,prespawn reaction bite whilst I was there.

Oh well time to pret some more and spend more money I guess :lol:
07 Avalance
2008 20I
Team Daiwa
RMR Industries
Ferguson-Keller
oakie joe

Post by oakie joe »

the water has been really low this year for the expected run off that is going to start here really soon. last i heard they brought the main lake up about 3 ft. and it is still about 2 ft low. it should be full pool in the next few weeks.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I can't find any tournament results for CDA on the net. I've been by the place about 5 or 6 times. Its gorgeous there.
oakie joe

Post by oakie joe »

the two weights that were stated in the previous post are correct. it was an ABA tournament.
schreecher2

Post by schreecher2 »

There are some very big Northern Pike in the lake also. Head over to Fins and Feather, and they will get you some of the latest info. Great bunch of guys that work there! I have fished the lake before, but were targeting the big Northern Pike, so I can't help ya that much.
Tight Lines,
schreech
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

This is of F&F website.

Seems right for a northern lake.

Lake Record= 10lbs-15oz
Average size= 2-3 lbs.
Average Catch= 4-10 fish
Common Lures= Spinnerbaits, Plastics, Crankbaits
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I'm really surprised. I contacted the owner of Fins & Feather Tackle at CDA. Heres his answer.

27 pounds in one 29 in another . 22 pounds and 25 pounds yes 5 fish

That's 5.8 pound average for the large sack, extraordinary for a northern lake. However I stand by my original statement. 3 lbs in a northern lake is like => 8 lbs in California.
daiwafan25

Post by daiwafan25 »

Sounds like it should be a fun time then. I will have to give that place a ring or at least stop by when I am there looks like a decent operation! Thanks all for the info anymore is apprecaited but I udnerstand the hush before the tournament stuff.
M. Warner

Post by M. Warner »

Greg where abouts in the midwest? I fished lake erie all the time and one weekend I caught 27 pounds, 5 fish all smallies and took top 5. The following weekend caught just over 30, and didnt cash a check, all on the canadien side also. for some reason theres bigger fish on the canada side. Just wondering what part of the midwest you were referring to.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

M. Warner wrote:Greg where abouts in the midwest? I fished lake erie all the time and one weekend I caught 27 pounds, 5 fish all smallies and took top 5. The following weekend caught just over 30, and didnt cash a check, all on the canadien side also. for some reason theres bigger fish on the canada side. Just wondering what part of the midwest you were referring to.
Minnesota 5 state area. Land of ten thousand treatment centers.
M. Warner

Post by M. Warner »

ahh, I have never been to minnesota. I was born and raised in michigan and moved to nevada 6 years ago. Some of the smaller lakes have small fish there also. But the great lakes really rock. Boy I sure do miss Lake Erie, especially when I catch a lake mead smallie, but mohave has some nice big fish down there. I think that will be my new lake to fish, little further drive, but well worth it.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Here's a little demonstration My brothers put on catching Minnesota fish
ken

Post by ken »

Bring a camera because you will never see much prettier place to fish. Rocky shorelines, tules,catails,lilly pads and yes docks. They have several nice places to eat on down town main. There should be no problem with motels.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

ken wrote:Bring a camera because you will never see much prettier place to fish. Rocky shorelines, tules,catails,lilly pads and yes docks. They have several nice places to eat on down town main. There should be no problem with motels.
Truly on of the most beautiful places I've been through too.