Delta and Clear Lake Fishing Report needed

Kbeever

Delta and Clear Lake Fishing Report needed

Post by Kbeever »

Hello Gentlemen,

I am going to be heading up from SoCal to Redding to see my dad and was going to stop at the Delta and Clear Lake for a couple days each.

Can you either post or pm me on fishing conditions on both and what/where the better fish are biting, and are the fish spawn/post spawn.

I am familiar with both bodies of water and have fished them several times, but only have a couple days at each, your help would give me a head start to catching fish.

Thanks.

Keith
DeltaDan

Re: Delta and Clear Lake Fishing Report needed

Post by DeltaDan »

Kbeever wrote: Delta and Clear Lake Fishing Report needed

Fish are Bustin Loose all over -- Cooch and I prolly had 20 -25 fish boated today on Senko's ~ with alot of missed bites. #31 won todays ABA Delta.

Sorry I can not help you with CL -- StockOption fished there today and had a decent day for 16+. -- I think we at leasted topped him from the Delta today. :?: :?:

(Reader's Disclaimer --- I just want to make CLEAR -- I am in no way, shape or form promoting a CL Vs. Delta Thread ~!! :shock: )
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

DeltaDan,
I love your spirit to stir the pot a little. HeHe!
Gotta just laugh at something so stupid.

Good job buddy. i owe you a beer!

Delta report:
______ were caught at _________ using the hottest bait called _______ in the best color ________. Best tackle for this type fishing (oops can i say we're fishing?) is a 7ft _________ rod, with a ______ baitcaster, spooled up with best, most invisible line called _____. This is the only way you will catch fish there.

Clear Lake report:
Best bite is throwning ______, __________, or _______ in colors ______ or _______. target ______ walls with depth of ___ to ___ feet.

Kopper_Bass

PS - Kbeever - i'll send you a PM so as not to contribute to the obvious thread of Delta vs. Clear Lake that DeltaDan started.
He's gonna get banned :roll: .
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

I got into a decent bite today on the pond.

Caught fish using a variety of techniques and had my best bites where the water was stained a bit more.

I got into a decent spinnerbait (Chartreuse/White) bite mid-day targeting shoreline shade pockets. Best 5 today went just over 16lbs with my largest, a 5-9, taken drop shotting a MMIII on 4lb test (what a blast!!!).

I believe we have pre-spawn, spawn and post-spawn fish working now. Things are definitely starting to heat up.

And Dan is right no need for a Delta vs Clear Lake battle, the pond wins hands down :lol: :lol:
Kurt
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
L Dub

Post by L Dub »

Dan caught something on a senko? :shock:
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Yeah, somebody told Dan he had to put a hook in it to get it to work..I think we ought to beat the man that did with a wet noodle..About 100 lashes should bring him to his knees..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

Keith,
Me and my buddy Mark were on the Delta yesterday and it was a bit tougher for us than many of those Delta ABA pros. Although we didn't get there until about 8:30am and missed the first light bite.

Senko appears the way to go. And I got a couple decent ones on a jig. I chucked a Mission Fish for a long time with no interest. Tried the frog and either I am too early in the season or the temp wasn't right or tides or something, because that didn't work.

A beautiful day out there. The wind did kick up around 3pm, but it was manageable. Tules on the incoming. East/Central Delta.

Greg
(aka Calistar).
hunterdave

Post by hunterdave »

Sent you a PM...

Dave
Dave Gorden
Pro-Staff Bass Angler's Guide the Magazine
Pro-Staff Reaction Strike
Pro-Staff Radical Glow
dave@bassanglersguide.com
www.bassanglersguide.com
www.reactionstrike.com
www.radicalglow.com
hunterdave

Post by hunterdave »

Sent you a PM...

Dave
Dave Gorden
Pro-Staff Bass Angler's Guide the Magazine
Pro-Staff Reaction Strike
Pro-Staff Radical Glow
dave@bassanglersguide.com
www.bassanglersguide.com
www.reactionstrike.com
www.radicalglow.com
Kbeever

Post by Kbeever »

Thanks guys, I got a lot of good information to stick some of NorCal Donkeys.